1 S/R (Barry Conway)(2) 1.Andrew Spitsnogle 2.Nathanael Harvey
1 H/J (Glen Thompson) 1. Nathanael Harvey 2.Andrew Spitsnogle
2 March (Conway)(1) 1.Whitney Reader
2 S/R (Keith)(1) 1.Whitney Reader
2 H/J (Conway)(1) 1.Whitney Reader
3 March (Keith)(3) 1.Liz Walker 2.Karen Fitzgerald 3.Jack Rawlins
3 S/R (Conway)(3) 1.Karen Fitzgerald 2.Liz Walker 3.Jack Rawlins
3 Jig (Keith)(3) 1.Liz Walker 2.Jack Rawlins 3.Karen Fitzgerald
4 March (Conway)(11) 1.Andrew Powell 2.Pete Heineman 3.William Rainey 4.William McCollum 5.Doug Stevenson 6.Mike Barnes
SrNov (Keith)(5) 1.Mike Brandon 2.Stan Langhofer 3.Clark Sholts 4.John Finlayson 5.Scott Patterson
JrNov (Thompson)(3) 1.Graeme Dodworth 2.Andrew Douty 3.Samual Langhofer
Chanter (Thompson)(3) 1.Trevor Turla 2.Jesse Parker 3.Mitchell Moore

PIOBAIREACHD
1 Piob (Thompson)(2) 1.Nathanael Harvey
3 Piob (Keith)(3)1.Jack Rawlins 2.Pete Heineman 3.William Raney
4 Piob (Thompson)(7) 1.Liz Walker 2.Daniel Biggs 3.John Finlayson 4.Mike Barnes 5.William McCollum 6.Doug Stevenson

PIPE BANDS Judges: Glen Thompson-p Barry Conway-p Eoin McMahon-d Sandy Keith-e
G5. QMM
1.Lincoln Pipes & Drums 2.McPherson Youth Pipes & Drums
BDC & BBS - Lincoln Pipes & Drums
G4. Medley (3-5min)
1.Omaha Pipes & Drums 2.City of McPherson Pipe Band 3.Midian Pipes & Drums
BDC & BBS Omaha Pipes & Drums

iomdrmr
09-29-2005, 11:59 AM
how many grade 4 bands total??

OKiepiper2
09-29-2005, 12:31 PM
One Correction - Piper of the Day was Nathanael Harvey from Wichita, Ks.

Mike Barnes
09-29-2005, 05:43 PM
That was the total bands there 3 in grade 4 and 2 in grade 5. It's a shame there weren't more, it's held in a very nice park. The band competition circle is in the shade!

OKiepiper2
09-30-2005, 06:11 AM
It is a pretty park. Nice to have the bands in the shade. The only thing I would wish is that it wasn't as spread out as much as it is. They have bleachers set up for spectators. They filled quickly and would guess a few hundred more around the circle.

I heard Omaha and they had a very nice set - well played. Liked the seconds on a couple of tunes and the use of the tenors.

Also heard most of McPherson Youth which had a good set and part of Lincoln. Didn't hear City of Mc or all of Wichita.

In past years, KC has sent a band and there have been bands from Colorado in the past. My guess is part of the reason for the lower turnout would be the high cost of solo competition, $10 per event! I know of a number of pipers that didn't attend because of that. That much said, solo attendance usually is not directly connected to bands that much, although it helps.

I thought prize and travel money was adequate, but maybe with the cost of gasoline these days some bands just figured they would pass this year. Sign of the times eh?

- OK2

kcpiper06
09-30-2005, 08:37 AM
Okie's right, KC has sent bands in the past, our gr. 4 makes it every year but they're not competing this year. Gr. 3 no longer goes because of the lack of compition. It's about a 5 hour drive to get there and when there isn't anyone to play against whats the point? We've started to go to the St. Louis games instead. It's in a really nice park too.

okcpiper
09-30-2005, 11:58 AM
The Oklahoma Scottish Pipes & Drums had plans of attending, but some things kept us from that. Maybe next year.

Stew - OSP&D BM