PDA

View Full Version : OT - Stupid Pets

Margaret
05-31-2005, 09:33 PM
So, we were feeding horses the other evening - our Quarter Horse Hollywood was in the stall, my husband put his flake of hay in the feeder like always, Hollywood starts to nose out the hay onto the stall floor like always, but this time, dumps the entire flake onto the top of his head (it's just teetering there, down over his eyes)....So you'd think he'd just shake his head, it'd land on the floor, and he'll eat it...right?......Of course not, the big idiot just stood there.......and stood there....and stood there...., by this time we're laughing so hard we have to sit down and wipe our eyes, and each time we look at him, start to laugh all over again.

Finally, Carl took pity on him and brushed it off his head onto to the floor - Hollywood looks at it like "Oh, there it is!"

Sigh - what a dork :rolleyes: .

Margaret

Celtic Mitch
06-01-2005, 04:22 AM
This is not about a pet I have, but the other day I was at the gas station filling up and I look over to see this Ford Explorer waiting to exit the station when I see out of the back seat window a pony's head. The pony was doing what dogs do when they stick their head out the window, sniffing the air or whatever. I do a double take....a pony? In a Ford Explorer?

Yep, it was true. On the rear window of the SUV was a sign that said "Caution Miniature Pony"

Ever start laughing out loud and the people around didn't see what you saw so they are glaring at you? Uh uh.... :wave:

Redscot
06-01-2005, 05:18 AM
Are you sure it wasn't a "Mustang" ??

Doh! :wink:

Russ

Jan
06-01-2005, 07:21 AM
Hey Mitch, maybe it was a "seeing eye pony". There is a couple of people in North Carolina that are training miniature horses to do this job. They wear harnesses like the dogs but have to wear little horsey sneakers so they don't destroy floors in malls, etc. The reasoning is that they are as smart as dogs (though I now wonder after reading Margaret's story), live to be 30 years old and have better peripheral vision than a dog. It's an interesting concept, isn't it?

BlowSteady
06-01-2005, 07:25 AM
Our two dogs were chewing on rawhide bones. Lucky finishes his first and tries to gets Rowdy's but gets growled at. Lucky picks up a tennis ball, waves it in Rowdy's face and throws it across the room. Rowdy drops his bone and runs for the ball. Lucky picks up the bones and goes back to his bed. After I stopped laughing I decided I need to keep an eye on Lucky. Who knows what he may try to pull on me.

MichelleB
06-01-2005, 07:45 AM
Lucky deserves that bone after a stunt like that. :lol:

Bob
06-01-2005, 08:43 AM
Is Rowdy a BC? (Border Collie?) A well thought out distraction! :thumb:

Nothing in the world is as important (well, maybe the master is the exception :rolleyes: ) to our BC Sparc as the 'BALL':

http://www.bobdunsire.com/forum/shorttermshare/lp7t0527.jpg

Talk about WAY off topic :hatoff:

MichelleB
06-01-2005, 08:50 AM
Bob, I have looked at every picture of your dog. He's a gorgeous boy. Post more!!

No, that's me over there...
06-01-2005, 11:08 AM
Bob,
Your moderator pic must be really really old, it's starting to get fuzzy!

My BC/Lab retriever cross was in the backyard with me the other day, and as I had finished cutting the lawn, I was loosely coiling the wire, when out of the corner of my eye I see this black and white blur. Mimi ran straight for me, and jumped through the coil of wire, and I swear, she tuned to look at my reaction as she went through!

brad
06-01-2005, 11:47 AM
When our lab (Piper) was pretty young, she mistook the sliding glass door for an "open" door.
The look on her face, after she rebounded off it, and looked over at us, perplexed, was pretty comical.

But, she's not stupid - I kinda like her!

again, sneaking out of the ladies room, hoping nobody saw me in here,
Brad

Jim Sloan
06-01-2005, 11:52 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bob:
our BC Sparc
------------------------------

So true about dogs looking like thier owners!

Jim

JRM
06-02-2005, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by Jan:
a "seeing eye pony". You must have to carry one heck of a pooper scooper for that! :wow:

Monty
06-02-2005, 06:33 AM
When my Siberian Husky, Maggie, chases down a squirrel in the backyard she will bury it and leave the tail sticking out of the ground. :shrug:

Bashful
06-02-2005, 06:38 AM
My Golden Retriever loves to sleep on the kitchen floor right in front of the front door. One day, I was calling for him to come upstairs and when he didn't come, I went downstairs to see what was up. Lo and behold, he is sleeping on his back with his legs in the air between the two walls. He gave me this look of "Help me", so once I rolled him back on his side, he went back to sleep. :lol: :lol:

Gotta love those pets. :banana: :68dance:

Margaret
06-02-2005, 10:45 AM
There's a gal on our VW Bus Camping forum who has miniature horses, and moves them around in her Vanagon camper. Pretty handy, no need for a truck and trailer.......

Margaret

marley_
06-29-2005, 05:56 PM
Everything my dog does is stupid, the dog thinks he is a cat or something, he is almost eight and I think this year he discovered "the bark"!! :p