PDA

View Full Version : Funeral Attire for ladies

Will pipe for Guinness
07-26-2005, 12:29 PM
Can you ladies help me out with what to wear while piping at a funeral?
My uncle passed away this past weekend and the funeral is on Friday.
He's being cremated so I'll play Amazing Grace walking up the aisle leading the visitors to pay their last respects.
My band jacket is way too big for me...
Is it okay to go without it? I don't have a vest either.
And do I wear my Glen or not?
Thanks!!

nessiesmom
07-26-2005, 12:58 PM
I would wear the Glen.

I didn't have a band jacket until about a month ago, so I wore a personal jacket that blended with the kilt, plus the band tie and white shirt.

Sorry about your Uncle. Good luck.

Jeannine

Will pipe for Guinness
07-26-2005, 01:45 PM
the only dark jacket I have is black with flare sleeves. I could see how it looks, I guess...

nessiesmom
07-26-2005, 02:15 PM
My kilt is a navy blue plaid and I wore a navy blue jacket before I got the black one. A dark jacket that blends ought to work.

J

Abdpiper
07-26-2005, 05:22 PM
Do you have a dark shirt that could work? I would definately wear the glengarry though.

Sorry to hear this and hope all is well on Friday.

Iain Sherwood
07-26-2005, 05:47 PM
DO wear the jacket, DON'T wear the glengarry, unless you're wearing a 'band uniform.' You're there as a relative, not as a band member.

RosieJ
07-26-2005, 09:38 PM
Sorry to hear that your uncle passed away; my condolences.

Generally when I've played for friends or at my own church I wear a kilt, full sleeved blouse and black hose. Being a female definitely gives you more options, and so does playing for family. I'm sure you will comfort a lot of people by playing.

Will pipe for Guinness
07-27-2005, 09:25 AM
thanks for the condolences and the suggestions!!
I don't have a dark shirt...but I'll try the jacket..worse comes to worse I'll wear my band jacket that is too big for me.
I think I'll wear the Glen, I want to look as "official" as possible.