PDA

View Full Version : Tom Cruise strikes again!!!

annefrommass
11-30-2005, 07:57 PM
Just when I thought the man couldn't get any crazier. He told Barbara Walters that he bought an ULTRASOUND machine and uses it on Katie Holmes at home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, Brooke Shields using Prozac was dangerous, but performing an at-home ultrasound is ok??? ARGH! This guy is CRAZY!!!!!! I know he thinks he is educated, but you can't just read a book and BOOM be qualified to do an ultrasound... those things do affect the baby. That's why most women only have one or two done... oh my gosh, this guy is nuts!

Colonel644
11-30-2005, 08:02 PM
damn Tom Cruise. :humm:

annefrommass
11-30-2005, 08:10 PM
he really has some issues

Atisha
12-01-2005, 04:34 AM
:shrug: :( :shrug:

WerePiper
12-01-2005, 04:41 AM
He should consult a 'shrink' but if he shrinks anymore we'll never find him (might not be a bad thing) :lol:

Bayoupiper
12-01-2005, 04:47 AM
I saw something on tv that said too may ultrasounds can damage a growing fetus.
They need to make a new movie starring these two:
Dumbest and Even Dumber!

BP

Dick Sands
12-01-2005, 05:03 AM
This is the way of Hollywood types. They are celebrities and some how think this qualifies them on whatever subject they happen to be interested in a the moment. Remember, some of these people have testified before congress on critical issues simply on the basis that they were well known. Who's dumber? Them? Or the people who listen to them and take in their every word as though they were somehow dispensing Holy Writ? We Americans, as a group, are apt to take the word of a Hollywood type over that of a PhD who actually knows the subject matter. Gullible! Dumb! Yep. That's us.

I have always respected Samuel Jackson, who in an interview was asked a political question and responded with "How in the @#%%$ am I supposed to know that? I'm an actor!" Or words to that effect.

Tom Cruise? He's just playing the role that we expect of him.
Besides, my wife doesn't like him any way. She says something about him being too short.......

Curt
12-01-2005, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by Dick Sands:
Besides, my wife doesn't like him any way. She says something about him being too short....... She condemns him for being too short?
:shrug:

No, that's me over there...
12-01-2005, 06:37 AM
Short on smarts??

Dick Sands
12-01-2005, 06:42 AM
She condemns him for being too short? She sure does! Being six foot two has its advantages. :)

HotScot
12-01-2005, 07:54 AM
Yep, too many ultrasounds may affect the fetus in ways we don't understand, yet. When I had my ultrasounds (16 yrs ago), the baby would automatically wake up and start beating on my uterus with his little fists- don't tell me he wasn't affected by the ultrasound. He turned out ok, but who knows????

WerePiper
12-01-2005, 11:26 AM
start beating on my uterus with his little fists- don't tell me he wasn't affected by the ultrasound. Did he turn out to be a drummer? :eek:

Mom2Grace
12-01-2005, 12:35 PM
Heard about that on the radio this morning. Why on earth would you want to expose your baby to something that could do harm? I know around here, limit is twice for U/S unless emergency situation.
Tom Cruise is freaky.
I hope that she has the baby, screams and screams and then leaves him flat on his a**!

Tartaniac
12-01-2005, 03:37 PM
Barf. Why don't we have a barf gremlin? The guy makes me want to barf.

I LOVE that Samuel Jackson response. Have a GREAT photo of him in a kilt at some opening.

I have NEVER understood why THEY should be invited to testify before Congress...but then maybe it's the other end of the same ass.

I would not take him as a patient for all the money in the world. I couldn't spend 55 minutes in the same room with the guy.

Jeanne
12-01-2005, 08:50 PM
Well, this graemlin is sort of close to "barf." :bleh: Or there's always :eek: :mad: :humm: and :rolleyes: .

I say one word: UGH.

annefrommass
12-01-2005, 09:13 PM
Yeah, how come they get to testify in Congress, and yet those of us "ordinary" folks don't get to, when nine times out of ten, it's directly affecting us and not them...anyway.
I just pray he comes to his senses and stops before he hurts that baby.

Tartaniac
12-01-2005, 09:43 PM
For someone who doesn't swallow pills, the notion that he'll personally subject the baby to ultrasound is scaring me to death. The guy is NUTZ. I hope this young girl wakes up and smells the idiot.

His best thing was Risky Business. After that, he was so enamored with himself and L. Ron Hubbard that he went into the ozone.

aeryn.phoenix
12-02-2005, 05:50 PM
he almost dropped the whole Scientology thing when he found out about Xenu (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenu)

Tommy P.
12-02-2005, 09:22 PM
I'm so glad that so many of my fifty-two years worth of faults and mistakes haven't been in front of ya'll.

Tartaniac
12-02-2005, 11:27 PM
That's one of your endearing qualities, Tommy. You've not been a big idiot in public. That takes a special kind of idiocy.

(Hey, re: Eufallah...his name was John Decker. I think his family has some big construction or contracting or something business. The name Decker ring a bell?)

:wink: Besides, you'd be on the list of guys with whom we are replacing that silly boy.

David
12-03-2005, 06:02 PM
The best actors in American movies are British character actors. Been that way for a very long time. The names are often not so well-know, but those faces! They can act with their furry white eye brows while sitting in overstuffed chairs wearing black tie and sipping whiskeys. No tire screeches or explosions necessary.

I noticed at CNN Online right up there with war deaths and bird flu is Bad Pitt's private life. It shoved the fall of the Canadian government right off the screen. Almost as big at the Cruise/prozac story. So I wonder what Lester Pearson's going to do in retirement?

Now Tom Cruise, my wife cannot abide. It must be something he can't help--lots of women express dislike of him. He seems to be a mouth-breather. That might be relevant to the topic? The door to his food reception chamber hangs open a lot, and he scowls. Once I became annoyed at this, and had to leave the theatre. His tongue was drying-up right there in front of the whole world, and he didn't seem to care. But that's my problem, because I don't know psychology!

Day Tripper
12-05-2005, 12:46 PM
Hmm, David. Lester Pearson died in 1972. But you did know that, right?

David
12-08-2005, 02:01 PM
Pearson? Dead? For gosh sake, who's running Canada, then?

Joking aside, I was struck by CNN's International site giving all kinds of prime coverage to pop idols, such as Tom Cruise, and treating the fall of the Canadian government as back-page news. Not my idea of priorities.

I was in the US when P/M Trudeau was thought to write a comic strip in his spare time, so maybe pop stars are that important in US culture, I don't know.

Tartaniac
12-08-2005, 10:45 PM
I know -- the way celebs get treated is so ridiculous. I still can't get over the fact that someone thinks they are so "in touch" with reality that they are called to testify before Senatorial and Congressional Committees. Scary business...

No, I think the movie was Risky Business. And how about that...it was Cruise!

pokey
12-10-2005, 12:42 AM
Pearson? Dead? For gosh sake, who's running Canada, then?

........... Jack Layton ?

:wow: :wow: :wow:

Marathon Piper
12-16-2005, 11:09 AM
...now that's scary!!

but if I had to choose, I'd take Jack Layton over Tom Cruise!!

:wink:

MP

Day Tripper
12-16-2005, 11:30 AM
Ralph Klein for Prime Minister!

(just kidding)

No, that's me over there...
12-20-2005, 06:37 AM
Calvin Klein!!!

J. MacDonald
12-21-2005, 07:50 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by David of Galilee:
"I was struck by CNN's International site giving all kinds of prime coverage to pop idols, such as Tom Cruise, and treating the fall of the Canadian government as back-page news. Not my idea of priorities."

Apparently US corporate media recognizes and is encouraged by an INTERNATIONAL demand for american pop culture. They thank you for your patronage.

Tartaniac
12-21-2005, 09:26 AM
Gag me with PEOPLE magazine, please!

Mom2Grace
12-22-2005, 04:16 PM
Did you hear the most recent? He was bashing Brooke Shields (I think that's who) for taking Anti-depression meds after having her baby. Who the h*ll gives him the right? He is looking more and more like a donkey every day.
How can he say that taking anti-depression drugs is terrible, when so many women and children die/are killed when suffering from post-partum depression? Pray for Katie Holmes, that she gets out of that relationship...scary stuff.

Itchyknee
12-22-2005, 04:53 PM
Old thread (http://www.bobdunsire.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=38;t=000082#000000)