PDA

View Full Version : Dump Cruise...who would you chooose?

Tartaniac
12-01-2005, 09:54 PM
There are so many other entertainers and actors for whom I have more respect. Got any worth talking about so we can get away from the Cruises' negative aura...or whatever it is.

I lost respect for Harry Ford when he dumped Melissa and his kids. Mel Gibson is wacked out but his beloved and faithful Robin is STILL his wife.

I like men who are attractive AND have some kind of sense of reality. Ed Harris. Now Ed Harris is cute and he's been married to Amy Madigan (the spitfire wife in Field of Dreams). And he chooses some good stuff.

I'm showing my age. Who are some of the younger hunks? I only see movies, no TV so if you name a TV person, please 'splain it to Lucy. :wink:

Mom2Grace
12-02-2005, 05:50 AM
Good luck with that...lol The media only tells about the bad stuff. Most recent, you hear about Tori Spelling? Pregnant from an affair, not by her husband. *sigh*
Can tell who I like as actors/actresses, but beyond that it's tough to decide who I like as a person.

Mom2Grace
12-02-2005, 06:00 AM
Speaking of that...got an email today with this link. http://gofugyourself.typepad.com/? (http://gofugyourself.typepad.com/)
Scroll down a little and you'll see crazy cruise is there...great blog with it too. lmao

HotScot
12-02-2005, 08:25 AM
How about Clive Owen? He's tall, dark, handsome, great actor- been married to his wife for quite a while (met her playing Romeo to her Juliet on stage)- have a couple of kids (seems like the loyal and faithful kind of guy). Some of his movies: King Arthur, Closer, Greenfingers(my favorite),Derailed, The Croupier, plus lots more. Move over Tom Cruise.......(never cared for Tom- seems a little on the dumb side)

Mom2Grace
12-02-2005, 08:39 AM
I;ve always been impressed with Charlie Sheen. Up until the very recent split with his wife (aren't they trying to work it out though?), he was great.
Love his movies too...especially Cadence.

Tartaniac
12-02-2005, 10:57 AM
Clive Owen...yes...manly Man.

Charlie Sheen is a crack up and makes me laugh. I don't even want to think about his personal life because I like it when he makes me laugh.

How could I forget: Colin Firth!

Margaret
12-02-2005, 04:13 PM
Paul Newman...... :68dance:

Tartaniac
12-02-2005, 11:33 PM
I met him a couple of times and wasn't impressed with his attitude. But he must be something to keep Joanne Woodward, a very classy lady. I think he's also mellowed in his old age.

John Cusak. There's something just a little crazy fun about him that doesn't make sense but is really entertaining.

Mary
12-03-2005, 06:55 AM
Sean Connery all the way! :woohoo:
The man looks dang good in a kilt. Anyone remeber the Kennedy Center Honors a few years ago?? Still my favorite "Bond".

annefrommass
12-03-2005, 08:13 AM
I second Sean Connery... that man looks GOOOOOD in a kilt!!

Mom2Grace
12-03-2005, 07:27 PM
Oh yes! I will third Sean Connery. Not many older men could pull off what he does. He is definately very handsome...especially in a kilt!

Margaret
12-03-2005, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Tartaniac:
I met him a couple of times and wasn't impressed with his attitude. But he must be something to keep Joanne Woodward, a very classy lady. I think he's also mellowed in his old age.Sorry you were less than impressed, maybe it was just the situation. From the folks I know who've worked with him both in the movie industry and auto racing, he's regarded as a pretty nice guy. He's still my fave......although Tom Selleck and Sam Elliott are right up there too. :)

windsaloft
12-03-2005, 09:06 PM
I will admit that I paused and enjoyed remembering Sean in a kilt. Yep --- QUITE the hunk.

Of a totally different ilk, I'm pretty taken by Sponge Bob myself. He's innocently wacky, never really means any harm, and is as loyal of a friend as you could want to see. His complexion could use a little work........and I'm not sure a kilt wouldn't float up distractingly down under....

Terri

scarhandpiper
12-03-2005, 11:49 PM
I'll vote for Sean Connery at ANY age he happens to be at!!!
A second for Colin Firth, too.

Chicago Kathy
12-05-2005, 06:04 AM
Hmmm. Call me odd... but I like Brian Dennehey. Something about that rugged face. Or William Petersen from CSI (bearded rather than unbearded). Or even Charles Durning. Give me an Irishman with a twinkle in his eye every time.

Sorry. That's all from me for now.

Kathy C.

Dave R
12-05-2005, 08:42 AM
I'm Free :wow:

Dave R

Tartaniac
12-05-2005, 10:27 AM
Kathy, don't apologize! I'm a big fan of Brian Denehey and Charles Durning! (Did you see Durning in 'Home for the HOlidays". BEST pre-Christmas movie ever.)

Sean of course will be adorable until the day he dies. But I like the big guys. I married one. (But then my dad was 6'5" and my brothers 6'8") I guess part of handsome is a guy who makes me feel safe. I love the big barrel chested burly guys with the righteous hearts. I like imps. I don't like pretty boys. I'm too old for that.

Chicago Kathy
12-05-2005, 01:07 PM
But I like the big guys. I married one. (But then my dad was 6'5" and my brothers 6'8") I guess part of handsome is a guy who makes me feel safe. I love the big barrel chested burly guys with the righteous hearts. I like imps. I don't like pretty boys. I'm too old for that. Amen, sister!

Kathy

Richard Strayer
12-05-2005, 02:17 PM
Far be it from me to dump cold water on your fantasies, but I have it on good authority that Sir Connery is a dyed-in-the-tartan-wool male chauvinist who treats women fairly poorly.

sea selkie
12-05-2005, 03:42 PM
Tommy Lee Jones, Patrick Stewart, Gene Hackman, Jerry Orbach (rest his soul), Tim Robbins and Sam Waterston. And James Earl Jones. It's the voice!!!

And for a young 'un, how about Ioan Gruffudd, who plays Horatio Hornblower on the A&E series of the same name. What a Welsh cutie!!

--Sea

windsaloft
12-05-2005, 10:01 PM
Richard, that is the beauty of a fantasy --- bathe in what you wish to be so, dismiss the cold hard facts, and live in your own creation of perfection in your mind. What a lovely pasttime! :=)

And OH YEA, Horatio Hornblower can go sailing with me anytime!

Terri

Richard Strayer
12-06-2005, 12:01 AM
So why aren't you all fantasizing about Tom Cruise? The point I'm making is, if you're going to ditch one actor because he's a jerk, it doesn't make much sense to turn around and latch right onto another one.

Colonel644
12-06-2005, 12:27 AM
I don't like pretty boys. I'm too old for that. Well Damn you're married and you don't like pretty boys, counts me out then :lol: :lol: :lol:

Margaret
12-06-2005, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by Richard Strayer:
So why aren't you all fantasizing about Tom Cruise? The point I'm making is, if you're going to ditch one actor because he's a jerk, it doesn't make much sense to turn around and latch right onto another one. Maybe the difference could be that Tom Cruise was too vocal about things (look at me, look at me), and when Sean Connery belted his wife Micheline a couple of times, it wasn't as widely spread about, more of a traditional everyday wife beater..... Although I recall he admitted it on something like the Tonight Show? I'm not sure. :rolleyes:

annefrommass
12-06-2005, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Richard Strayer:
So why aren't you all fantasizing about Tom Cruise? The point I'm making is, if you're going to ditch one actor because he's a jerk, it doesn't make much sense to turn around and latch right onto another one. Maybe because Sir Connery is quiet about being a moron, while Mr. Cruise has opened his mouth and removed all doubt.

Tartaniac
12-06-2005, 06:53 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Absolutely! Hit the nail on the head.

Chuck's former fantasy girlfriend was Michelle Pfeiffer. One year at Christmas, she showed up at the LA Mission like some movie stars do -- they arrange it that way to get publicity for the Mission. She was serving mashed potatoes standing right next to Chuck who was serving peas for two entire hours! At first he thought he died and went to heaven.

Then he went off her completely. In two hours, he found out she was very rude to too many people. As soon as 1 hour and 58 minutes had passed, she said, "I'm outta here" and split.

In his mind, she was this wonderful loving perfectly humble sweet kind gentle angel with no flaws.

I'm not sure who his new girl is. Claire Danes?

Who wants to have a fantasy about a raving lunatic -- that job has already been sewn up quite well by Jack Nicholson. Tom Cruise is an amateur.

Tartaniac
12-06-2005, 07:12 PM
Here's a secret fantasy of a Dunite -- NOT ME! And it's GOOD.

She's sitting in a pub after band practice when an exceptionally tall, handsome, extremely sexy middle-aged man entered. He is so striking that no woman in the pub can take their eyes off him.

The young-at-heart man notices her attentive gaze and walks directly toward her, his eyes locked on hers.

Before she could compose herself, he leans over
and whispers, "Woman, you are so beautiful that I'll do anything, absolutely anything, that you
ask of me, no matter how weird, no matter how strange, no matter what...on one condition."

Breathlessly she asks the condition.

He quietly replies, "You have to tell me what you want me to do in just three words."

Our dear Dunsiter has thinks for a moment and consider his proposition for a moment. Slowly, she writes her address on a napkin which she presses into the man's hand. She looks deeply into his eyes, and says with whole-heartedly, with warmth and sincerity: "Clean my house." And he does.

Now that's a good woman fantasy. :thumb:

A good guy fantasy: a woman shows up. :wink:

Bonnie - MemorialMusic
12-10-2005, 03:55 AM
I don't know what this actors name is, but he looks hot as heck in a kilt

http://www.youtube.com/?v=KPG4rOv2c2M

The Scottish guys in this vido are also hot, hot, hot...

http://www.youtube.com/?v=PMz4SwHMZzE