PDA

View Full Version : 10 Q's w/ Margaret Houlihan

Andrew Berthoff
03-04-2006, 03:28 PM
While it is certainly for everyone, I thought that our latest "10 Questions With . . ." feature with Margaret Houlihan of Cork and Glasgow would be of particular interest to female pipers and drummers.

I hope that you enjoy it: www.piperanddrummer.com (http://www.piperanddrummer.com) .

Cheers,

Andrew Berthoff
Toronto

Bayoupiper
03-04-2006, 04:31 PM
I wondered what Hot Lips was up to since the series ended......

BP

Alaytheia
03-05-2006, 04:45 AM
She looks younger than that last episode of MASH I saw... Piping is obviously good for your health.... :woohoo:

Macswegan
03-05-2006, 07:05 AM
She's a damn fine player and deserves better than constant mockery of her name.

Bayoupiper
03-05-2006, 07:09 AM
No mockery intended, to be sure.
Dee made me do it!

BP

Tartaniac
03-05-2006, 01:23 PM
No one would ever mock Houlihan. Irony and sarcasm are at two ends of the spectrum. Sometimes one's wit is so dry is should be served with a side beer. We are all amazed at her many talents and charm and wonder who the artist is who did the Dorian Gray painting that is aging in her attic.

GREAT FIND!!

RosieJ
03-05-2006, 09:30 PM
Andrew: Great article. Good to hear success stories like that about Margaret; it's encouraging.

'Course, some of us are starting out piping at a pretty mature age :thumb:

Alaytheia
03-06-2006, 05:41 AM
I'll have to admit that I truly thought it was the M*A*S*H actress that we were talking about at first. I was quite impressed that first of all, I actually knew who she was (M*A*SH was <ahem> before my time :) ), and secondly, that she would be playing the pipes. However, as I scanned the bio of the Piperwinning Margeret Houlihan, I came to the conclusion that she was not in fact, also a famous actress doing her bit to promote pipes. Congratulations to the "real" Margaret - that's quite an accomplishment!

Roger Huth
03-07-2006, 12:07 AM
Margaret, along with Gavin Stoddart and Chris Armstrong, will be giving a recital for us (Scottish Piping Society of London) on 17th March and then judging the CLASP the next day.
She has promised Irish tunes as it is St Patrick's Day.

windsaloft
03-22-2006, 08:25 PM
Wow. I admit, I thought initially it was our M*A*S*H star, which shows both my generation and hopeless Americanization --- but that was a very cool article to read and learn more about!

Terri

No, that's me over there...
03-23-2006, 06:36 AM
Not to mention the fact that Houlihan is the character's name... not the actress' name!
Since we are on a bit of a musical M*A*S*H sidetrack, the person who really IS musical, is "Winchester". He has played with and conducted some fine orchestras!