PDA

View Full Version : Cards and Chocolate.....

windsaloft
03-10-2006, 02:43 PM
A thanks to all here (and please cross ref to beer tent if applicable) for the inundation of the very funny cards (although it is not polite to make a lady belly laugh and snort post-hysterectomy.....) from a wide variety of forumites.

I also LOVED the chocolate donuts from my "internet bagpiping friends" --- I'm told by my friends here that I am WAY too much of a piping geek, but they have been FLOORED at the cards, letters and well wishes.......you all ROCK.

I am allowed to walk around town now unsupervised, and allowed to drive (post drugs) next week. Won't be back to work flying til the 30th, so hopefully my head will clear enough to be sharp by then!

I have tons of chocolate sitting on the counter waiting for when I can eat it --- today we are at "soft food that requires chewing" ---- bananas, yoghurt, chicken soup. Tomorrow I am thinking about adding something crunchy just to test the waters.........

Everything came out alright in the end!

Thanks again for all your thoughts, prayers and support.

BTW --- I can easily play my PC today, so I can start annoying the puppy again. This is good. I think they are safe from the pipes for a "BIT" longer....... :=)

Terri

windsaloft
03-10-2006, 02:48 PM
P.S. -- Carrie -- speaking of ab-rippling docs -- the refereal surgeon walked into my room in the midst of my illness --- shaved head, built like a Special Forces Commando, twinkling blue eyes and wickedly disarming grin ---- and even on my deathbed, and even one whose head rarely turns --- this boy was CUT. He can examine my bowels anytime. If you visit one day, I'll introduce you. Unfortunately, married, two kids......

Terri

Tartaniac
03-10-2006, 06:28 PM
I have tons of chocolate sitting on the counter waiting for when I can eat it --- today we are at "soft food that requires chewing"

I thought chocolate was supposed to melt in your mouth, not in your hands. That's soft.

:eek:

scarhandpiper
03-14-2006, 08:56 PM
Ohmygosh! I forgot to mail . . . the concert . . . St Paddy's parade . . . forgot to even eat . . .

I'll get this out to you, hope you don't mind LATE chocolate, Terri.

windsaloft
03-15-2006, 12:32 AM
Chocolate is always right on time when it arrives in my world..................

You guys are the best!

Tartaniac
03-15-2006, 01:10 PM
It's easy to think that when we are just reflecting you.