PDA

View Full Version : Italia .v Germany.

the old marshal
07-05-2006, 01:30 AM
Was this game not ..just the best you have seen in ages, great that it did not go to penalties would have been a shame for either side to go out that way!!!!!!When you see this ....England had no chance!!!!!! :thumb:

uncle Mario Tomasone
07-05-2006, 02:33 AM
I did enjoyed it (but maybe I could be just a wee biased, ennit?) and yes, it was exciting.

I still remember other legendary matches, though, like Italy-Holland at Argentina '78 or Italy-Brazil at Spain '82.

Still nothing compared to Italy-Germany at Mexico '70, though ....

Anyway, it was a good match, both teams played extremely well in the first two halfes with maybe just a couple of good shots more on our side.

In the extra-times I think we simply started to play better than the Germans.
Two great shots in the first 7' (I guess the goalposts are still shaking while I'm writing this!), great game control, tenacious defense, one good save by Buffon to prove the Germans were still dangerous and a simply extraordinary 2nd extra-time on our side in Rossinian crescendo up to two simply delightful goals to close the match.

A great match, well done the Germans - but better done the Azzurri!

Dudar
07-05-2006, 02:47 AM
The only reason I hate Italian football - they are all whiners. Its a shame for a real man to behave like this. If I were, say, Ballack in this game I would get 2 red cards :) . All this "macaroni actors" make me sick :)

uncle Mario Tomasone
07-05-2006, 03:29 AM
Well, maybe we did a bit of acting in previous games but this time I didn't see many of what you're talking about - even when Lehman tryed to unscrew Grosso's head, our forward didn't complain that much!

And let's face it:a good game's a good game!

Åge Jonny Jørgensen
07-05-2006, 06:25 AM
Well, some of you may not like this, but I wanted Germany to win! They were my favourites. I'm sorry it didn't turn out like that.
If Scotland were in the game, they would have been favourites instead, and if Norway had been there too, my list would have been looking like this:

1. Norway
2. Scotland
3. Germany

Chris Kelleher
07-05-2006, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by uncle Mario Tomasone:
Well, maybe we did a bit of acting in previous games Comportandosi, quando vittoria dei tipi la tazza voi gli ottenete un alog di Oscar con :thumb:

uncle Mario Tomasone
07-05-2006, 10:21 AM
In the previous message I made a mistake, it was Perrotta's -not Grosso's- head that Lehmann tried to rip apart from the rest of the body.

Chris :wave: your message is rather mysterious to me, I guess you made it out form some translation software which unfortunately is not working properly with the redundant subtleties of Italian idiom.

Could you please rephrase it in English?

Chris Kelleher
07-05-2006, 01:44 PM
It was an attempt from a german speaker (ME) to try Italian. I have been studying Italian but I guess I need to study more,,lol.

I was trying to say, "Well maybe we did a bit of acting in previous games" to which I added "along with the cup victory, you should get the Oscar" Sorry for the butchering of your beautiful language, I am still a novice.

Glenurquhart
07-05-2006, 03:29 PM
All ye pipers who have tried in vain to decrypt Chris's message, stick to FRANCE next Sunday... :thumb: :thumb: :banana:

Ralf Klonowski
07-05-2006, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by uncle Mario Tomasone:
Anyway, it was a good match, both teams played extremely well in the first two halfes with maybe just a couple of good shots more on our side.

[...]

A great match, well done the Germans - but better done the Azzurri! Dear Mario,

thank you for the compliments and congratulations to the Azzuri. They deserved to win, although a 0:1 instead of 0:2 would have done more justice to the performance of our team.

After three weeks of permanent World Cup Carnival Euphoria, many of the german supporters still have to cope with the shock. Anything seemed possible after beating Argentinia, and now the dream is over. You could feel it in the streets this morning. Yet, the support for our team apparently is unbroken, and slowly the preparations for saturday evening, when we try to grab 3rd place from Portugal, are under way.

It seems that despite the defeat Jürgen Klinsmann will get an offer to stay in office at least until the European Cup Final in 2008. Deservedly so.

Good luck to the Azzuri against France and see you again in 2008.

Ralf

rpeitzsch
07-05-2006, 08:58 PM
Hi Ralf,

I for one will be cheering on the German team on Saturday. They've played well and I have no admiration for the Portugese team any more, given their antics during the cup.

Cheers!
Rob

pancelticpiper
07-05-2006, 10:32 PM
I was glad that a couple of spot kicks awarded to Germany after diving didn't result in goals. Italy won "fair and square" with a stunning "clutch" last-moment goal, perhaps the most exciting moment in this Cup Final so far. I admit that I was pulling for Germany but no one should quibble with the result.