Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums

Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums (http://forums.bobdunsire.com/forums/index.php)
-   Beginners, Intermediate, + (http://forums.bobdunsire.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=346)
-   -   First set of pipes ordered! (http://forums.bobdunsire.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168623)

Joseph Diodato 07-26-2019 03:09 PM

First set of pipes ordered!

I ordered my first set of pipes a few hours ago (after receiving the thumbs up from my instructor of course!), a beautiful McCallum AB2 Deluxe set. The folks at Henderson's are an absolute delight to work with!

Fellow beginners -- the pipes are a difficult instrument, but absolutely worth it. Stay the course! Of course, I know this is just the beginning of a very challenging and exciting journey. Once my pipes comes in, it's off to the hardware store for some rubber stoppers!

Cheers,
Joe

super8mm 07-26-2019 06:36 PM

Re: First set of pipes ordered!

Congratulations :thumb:

Andrew Lenz 07-27-2019 12:46 AM

Exciting! I inherited my pipes, so I didnít have to fret over whist to buy, but I also didnít have the anticipation of new pipes. Itís like Christmas!
:thumb:

Andrew

Joseph Diodato 07-27-2019 09:23 AM

super and Andrew,

Many thanks! It certainly does feel like Christmas. I even managed to show a little alma mater pride by coordinating my bag, bag trim, and cord colors. Otherwise I would have gone for my Harry Potter house colors. :grin:

Pip01 07-29-2019 08:29 PM

Warmest regards!!

Congratulation!!
(Ain't nothing else like it!! :)

and...

All the Best!!

OHpiper 07-30-2019 09:35 AM

Congrats! i was in the same boat this time last year and I couldn't be happier with my decision.. I have since joined a pipe band, things are starting to roll..:thumb:

Joseph Diodato 07-30-2019 01:00 PM

Many thanks, pip!

And same to you, OHpiper. I have my eye on joining a pipe band as well in the near future -- just have to get through this next transition! It's quite exciting to look forward to the "real deal" (as much as I enjoy my practice chanter). This particular band plays commencements for a few universities in the area, and my goal is to pipe in the May commencement exercises!

Cheers,
Joe

el gaitero 07-30-2019 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseph Diodato (Post 1339195)
Many thanks, pip!

And same to you, OHpiper. I have my eye on joining a pipe band as well in the near future -- just have to get through this next transition! It's quite exciting to look forward to the "real deal" (as much as I enjoy my practice chanter). This particular band plays commencements for a few universities in the area, and my goal is to pipe in the May commencement exercises!

Cheers,
Joe

One could do oneself a huge service to join a ( that) band...today...tonight!
...And be light years ahead of just going it alone at this critical stage and putting off signing up to a later date ...to then only carry a flag or banner for a year or so.

Klondike Waldo 07-30-2019 02:52 PM

I can still remember my late Pipey giving me the go-ahead to order my first set of GHB fort years ago in a couple of months.
I'm still playing them:thumb:

Doug Walton 07-31-2019 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el gaitero (Post 1339196)
One could do oneself a huge service to join a ( that) band...today...tonight!
...And be light years ahead of just going it alone at this critical stage and putting off signing up to a later date ...to then only carry a flag or banner for a year or so.

... or just skip the bandy thing altogether and get with a great instructor for solo development.