Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums

Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums (http://forums.bobdunsire.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forum Related (http://forums.bobdunsire.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=357)
-   -   Lost and Found Forum? (http://forums.bobdunsire.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81587)

Bob 06-03-2006 08:16 AM

Lost and Found Forum?

Short but sweet:

What do you think about the 'value' of a "Lost and Found" forum here?

:hatoff:

Joe Baker 06-03-2006 08:55 AM

Re: Lost and Found Forum?

Lost & Found ?? Why not! I don't think it would be a big help for across the country losses, but I think it would be helpful for local venue losses. All our equiptment is expensive and any chance to get it back after a loss would be a grand thing!

One person's opinion!! :lol:

Andrew Lenz 06-03-2006 11:08 AM

I lost a set of Silver and Ivory Hendersons circa 1880. If any one finds a set with no owner, let me know.

I also lost a Ferarri and a Porsche too. And a mansion on the beach in Southern California. And a Learjet. And a professional baseball team. If anyone finds those, let me know.

Andrew

p.s. Seriously, not sure. Do we get that many lost/found things? I suppose I did actually lose my "warning bagpipes"-logo baseball cap at one of the games a year or two ago . . .

Colonel644 06-03-2006 06:06 PM

Does virginity count as well ?? :lol:

Gene 06-04-2006 05:33 AM

I asked Bob about this the other day. It seems like there is a number of messages each week after the games about a lost glen, lost prince charlie etc. and even an occasional stolen pipes. There is no real consistency on where these types of messages wind up. I posted one for a prince charlie in the competition forum and then found one about a missing carrier in the Side Drum forum. Seems like there is enough missing "stuff" during the game season that having a special forum for it would make it easier to search for it when somebody opens their case at practice and they get that sinking feeling of "I left my chanter lying on a table at the games". Just a thought and a desire to maybe provide a useful service to pipe band community.

Bob 06-04-2006 08:33 AM

In addition, there are many posts that never take place (need a confused graemlin here) - I mean...

After about half or so of the games here in the Pacific Northwest, we (I) see emails about lost or found items - sometimes I post them on the BCPipers site, sometimes I forward emails, phone numbers, etc.

Guessing that this problem comes up everywhere, maybe a specific forum (here) could help many?

Todd Oberlander 06-04-2006 11:06 AM

I think a lost and found forum would be great!

This stuff isn't cheap...

Gene 06-04-2006 05:19 PM

I did a search on "stolen" and "lost" on current messages (back to 2002) and found about 25 on various forums that were about missing, lost or stolen items. Not a real high number. I did not check the archives.

rpeitzsch 06-04-2006 07:45 PM

On the other hand, you're hoping that someone (who reads this forum), who might have heard mention of someone (who doesn't) picking up a lost glen, would take the time to go look at this additional forum after making their way through the Beer Tent.

Andrew Lenz 06-04-2006 10:18 PM

We could try it. And if it doesn't fly, we can delete the forum and all posts and be no worse for the wear, it's not like someone is going to want to go back and read up on someone's lost items!

Andrew

p.s. Still missing my Learjet . . .