Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums

Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums (http://forums.bobdunsire.com/forums/index.php)
-   In Memoriam (http://forums.bobdunsire.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=381)
-   -   Bob Dunsire (http://forums.bobdunsire.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107546)

Ken MacKenzie 11-07-2006 08:00 AM

Bob Dunsire

We are saddened to announce the passing of Bob Dunsire at age 53 after a brave two year battle with cancer. Bob was born January 3rd, 1953 in Burnaby, British Columbia to Lily Bell and P. Kenneth (Ken) Dunsire. He passed away in his home on Camano Island, Washington on November 6, 2006, surrounded by his loving family.

Bob is survived by his loving wife of 23 ˝ years Diana (Anderson), daughters Alison and Elizabeth, parents Lily Bell Johnston, Ken and Stephanie Dunsire, his sister Barbara, husband Robin Belanger, nieces Colette and Lanette Belanger.

Bob was a kind, loyal, and passionate man. He was actively involved in a variety of sports from childhood including running, motocross, waterskiing, and windsurfing. Later in life Bob learned to play the bagpipes and competed both individually and in bands with his two daughters, Alison (“Al”) and Elizabeth (“Dinker”/“Furr”) and wife, Diana (“QT”). When he was no longer able to play the bagpipes, he stayed involved as a very proud parent and by building and maintaining www.bobdunsire.com, the most comprehensive bagpipe site in the world. He also enjoyed playing the piano, flying giant scale RC airplanes, and playing with and training his border collie, Sparc.

He will be remembered as a loving father, son, brother, husband, and friend. Those of us lucky enough to know Bob and be touched by him will remember his goofy sense of humor, his laugh, and the way his entire face lit up whenever he was talking to or about “his girls.”

We love you Bob, and you will be forever missed.

In lieu of flowers please send donations to:
Robert K. Dunsire Memorial Fund for Sarcoma Research
C/O Diana Benson
PO Box 19024
Seattle, WA 98109

A service will be held November 12 at 1pm at Hawthorne Funeral Home in Mount Vernon, WA.

Of course, members of the piping community are invited to the service.

Bobdunsire.com will remain in its current state under the care of Bob's family.

Thank you all so very much for your support.

Ken MacKenzie

John McCain 11-07-2006 08:02 AM

Re: Bob Dunsire

This is terrible news. Condolences to Bob's friends and family. Rest in Peace Bob.

John

ChickaDee 11-07-2006 08:07 AM

Words cannot express the sadness I feel. My deepest sympathies to his family and friends.

I will always remember him full of life and laughter, integrity without fail, leader by example, loyal friend, and above all -a loving father and husband.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...ordToddPub.jpg

I will miss you greatly, my friend.

Dee

WerePiper 11-07-2006 08:13 AM

I only knew the man through the forums but I feel a great sense of sadness and loss.

My deepest sympathies to all the family and friends.

Rest in Peace Bob

John

RobertScott 11-07-2006 08:14 AM

God bless you and keep you, Bob Dunsire.

My deepest condolences to the family.

This forum has become a dear friend to me.

Thanks Bob, you did well.

Ian Lawther 11-07-2006 08:16 AM

My sincere condolences to all Bob's family.
Bob will be greatly missed here, but at the same time live on here.

Ian

Thomas Grotrian 11-07-2006 08:16 AM

Rest in Peace Bob. You will be sorely missed. I'm sorry that we never got the chance to meet in person. Deepest sympathies to all your family and friends.

J. Robins 11-07-2006 08:24 AM

My condolences to Bob's family. Indeed he will be missed here in these forums and in the Pacific Northwest for his contributions to the piping and drumming community.

Jeff

Barmy_Drumma 11-07-2006 08:26 AM

i never knew him but i have found his website and these forums a great help, if it wasnt for this place i would never have carried on drumming... condolances to all his family. Rest In Peace bob

BD

Weeble 11-07-2006 08:32 AM