Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums

Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums (http://forums.bobdunsire.com/forums/index.php)
-   Side / Snare (http://forums.bobdunsire.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=351)
-   -   Practice Drum Pad Recommendation (http://forums.bobdunsire.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168686)

tango68 08-12-2019 04:45 PM

Practice Drum Pad Recommendation

Since Iím not a drummer, but have a 10 yr old who is, (with 2+ yrs experience), Iím looking to purchase a new practice pad for him.

I was going to buy the CP-1R from Innovative Percussion as some of the other band members have this pad, but I have talked to several distributors who cannot get them from the dealer. And one said avoid it as itís too big and not suitable for a pipe band. He leaned towards an Outlander VML.

Anyway, I realize there will be opinions all over the place, but curious if most lean towards a specific practice pad.

Joseph Diodato 08-12-2019 04:58 PM

Re: Practice Drum Pad Recommendation

I've dabbled in a bit of pipe band drumming and I absolutely love the Offworld pads. The pad is a bit louder, but very articulate. You also might look into a softer pad as well so that your son can practice most times of the day and/or night without driving you mad.

el gaitero 08-12-2019 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tango68 (Post 1339473)
Since Iím not a drummer, but have a 10 yr old who is, (with 2+ yrs experience), Iím looking to purchase a new practice pad for him.

I was going to buy the CP-1R from Innovative Percussion as some of the other band members have this pad, but I have talked to several distributors who cannot get them from the dealer. And one said avoid it as itís too big and not suitable for a pipe band. He leaned towards an Outlander VML.

Anyway, I realize there will be opinions all over the place, but curious if most lean towards a specific practice pad.

Get the same pad all the other band drummers have. If they donít all,strive to convince them to all switch to the same.

tango68 08-15-2019 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el gaitero (Post 1339475)
Get the same pad all the other band drummers have. If they donít all,strive to convince them to all switch to the same.

Unfortunately thatís not an option being itís a youth band and most kids have a variety of pads and several having the same ones.

Might go with the Outlander VML, as the price is right and seems to be a Best Seller on a few drumming websites.

el gaitero 08-16-2019 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tango68 (Post 1339567)
Unfortunately thatís not an option being itís a youth band and most kids have a variety of pads and several having the same ones.

Might go with the Outlander VML, as the price is right and seems to be a Best Seller on a few drumming websites.

..perfect opportunity to all get the same...get bids for a multi discount. Imbibe increased Ďserious-nessí into the team effort ,..discipline.