Thread: Pelican cases
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2018, 05:17 PM   #19
Matt Weasner
Forum Clasp

Default Re: Pelican cases

I have two of these cases, love them. I found a cheap used im2500 on Ebay too, but the wheels on it started crumbing soon after i bought it. I called Pelican just to see if I could order some new wheels and they replaced them under the lifetime warranty. Sent me two sets.

The replacement surgery was pretty easy.

Cheers,
Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancelticpiper View Post
Four years on I'm still using my Hardigg case, which I bought used and beat-up but cheap (on Ebay). When a used Pelican case came up cheap on Ebay I bought it, and two of my pipes have great protection.

I don't know if it's come up on any of the threads here about Pelican and Hardigg cases, but there's a thing about the wheels.

Hardigg cases use very nice wheels, I think they're inline skate wheels, with nice tyres so that the case rolls quietly.

Pelican cases use hard plastic wheels, noisy and jittery.

So there's a thing (more in the worlds of cameras and electronic equipment) about replacing the wheels on the Pelican case with the nicer wheels as are used on Hardigg cases.

Here's a video about it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnADw403uxg

I replaced the wheels on my Hardigg case (the originals were too worn) which is a different process. On the Hardigg there's a large plastic back piece, holding the wheels and the telescoping handle, and you have to remove this whole assembly to replace the wheels. The assembly is held in place by a dozen Robertson screws (square head). Still it only took 10 minutes to replace the wheels.

Here's the back of my Hardigg Storm iM2500 (with its shiny new wheels)