View Single Post
Old 03-29-2018, 11:25 AM   #12
Kevin Palm
Forum Gold Medal

Default Re: Your favorite Celtic rock/pop band?

Quote:
Originally Posted by plainspiper View Post
Seven Nations used to be a staple at the Longs Peak Festival years ago. I know there were a lot of young men and women who aspired to do what they do. I think they tried to take some of their stuff mainstream and it didn't work out well from what I heard but I don't know.

I also found this "girl band" on a youtube channel for "The Snake Charmer". She plays Redpipes and the other two I'm not sure. My kids at school thought they were the bomb!! (that means good I was told...)
They're not quite a "band" in the traditional sense. Archy Jay ("The Snake Charmer") is a solo piper who's been making inroads on YouTube by playing covers of various songs/TV/movie themes. She collaborated with Jane Espie of Celtica https://celticarocks.com and Chelsea Joy, formerly of The Angry Brians, on their "Shipping up to Boston" video over St. Patrick's Day weekend. I'd LOVE to see Celtica sometime!