View Single Post
Old 04-22-2019, 06:06 PM   #4
Bellows Blown
Forum Member - Shy or Quiet

Default Re: Who makes this reed?

Yes it is a plastic reed, that's why I want one.

The boy was not "lame" he just told me what he knows. He is only about 12 so he would not know a lot of detail and in this country, an old bloke getting friendly with a young boy can get the tongues wagging in ways that are not healthy so I only had a brief chat with him.

I know his band because it was on his cover but this band is a fee for service band so I am not wanting to give them a free plug and their PM probably wouldn't help me anyway. They are the lot that supported Paul McCartney when he toured here.

I blew the reed and it was just about as easy as my smallpipes so if I get one I will be able to play my highland pipes again. The boy was in the finals and this tells you that the boy's reed sounded real good.

I have also been told that the reeds are made by a New Zealand reedmaker but I have searched and found not reedmakers over there that do this.

I just want one of these reeds so I can play my pipes again so I hope someone can help. If someone from GMM can give me the details you can pm me if you don't want all to know.

Thankyou in advance

BB
Bellows Blown is offline   Reply With Quote