View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 09:15 AM   #3
CelticHiker
Forum Regular

Default Re: Is there any bagpipery in Bozeman, MT?

I've already been in contact with Brad, and gotten him in contact with the PM of the closest band, but for general information here is what is going on in the state as far as piping and pipe bands (at least as far as I'm aware, and if I'm missing something, please let me know).

There are currently pipe bands located in the following towns/areas:
Anaconda The Anaconda AOH Pipes and Drum Corp
Billings Caledonian Pipes and Drums of Billings
Great Falls Great Falls Pipe Band
Helena Pipes & Drums of the Black Devils
Kalispell Montana Highlanders Association Bagpipe Band
Miles City Miles City Caledonian Dancers-Pipe Band
Missoula Celtic Dragon Pipe Band

There are also individual pipers scattered around the state who aren't affiliated with any of the bands, but I've been having a hard time tracking them down to get their contact info.

At the moment there are only two highland games with piping competitions in the state, Kilt o' the Falls in Great Falls in June and the Bitterroot Highland Games and Gathering in Hamilton in August. I also try to setup an indoor solo competition in the fall in Great Falls, but it just depends on interest if it happens or not.

Since this post will become dated at some point as bands come and go, you can also check here for a listing of all of the pipers I'm aware of in Montana at any given time. The link will take you to the Montana Piper's Society webpage, which is a group setup to bring in workshops, setup and run competitions, and facilitate networking amongst the far flung piping community in our rather large state. If you happen to live in Montana, and you want more information or to get your information added to the site, please use the contact form on the mtpipers.org site or send me a PM here and I will be in contact with you.
CelticHiker is offline   Reply With Quote