View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 02:07 PM   #5
AndrewMac
Forum Regular

Default Re: Is there any bagpipery in Bozeman, MT?

Greetings, Brad.

Eric Fendler (try looking him up on FB if you are on that social media giant) is a piper who lives in the Gallatin Valley. I know that there are other pipers in the area, but have been out of the PB flow of things for several years, now, so do not know where most of those people are physically located, and if any are still playing. There used to be a PB in Helena, but that is in a major ebb stage, now, and I do not know if they still meet. The Hibernians of the Anaconda and Butte area have a pipe band, as well. Next closest location to Bozeman is Billings, about 150 miles to the east. The Billings Caledonians are still active, and typically play for a parade in Livingston around the 4th of July. Livingston is just 30-some miles to the east of Bozeman, off of Interstate 90. I hope that your daughter can locate some folks. There are other organized pipe bands in Montana, notably in Miles City, Missoula, Great Falls and Kalispell, but all are a fair jaunt away from Bozeman.

Celtic Hiker seems to have been pretty thorough with the information. Several things did occur to me, while reading back through, though. The Great Scots is another pipe band, located around the town of Polson, about midway between Kalispell and Missoula. There are also PB presence at gatherings, parades and games throughout the state during the summer. I highly recommend the Ennis Rodeo Parade on the 4th of July. There have been Celtic events in the past in June in Great Falls, Missoula in July and Hamilton (Bitterroot Valley) in August if your daughter is up for traveling a bit on the weekends and seeing the sights.

Last edited by AndrewMac; 05-25-2018 at 02:14 PM. Reason: saw a previous post with much of the same info
AndrewMac is offline   Reply With Quote