View Single Post
Old 03-06-2019, 01:56 PM   #39
William McKenzie
Forum Clasp

Default Re: Canmore Hybrid bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by svspiper View Post
In my experience, the drone grommet design and drone locations on the Canmore Hybrid pipe bags are better than on the Bannatyne. The drone positions and drone angle are better for me with the Canmore. The Canmore Hybrid bag has better vibrancy and harmonics. YMMV.
This is good to hear. If I have more funds soon (spent much of my slush fund already getting set back up again) I might seriously consider this bag, maybe I can find a used medium to try first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svspiper View Post
How many people have tried traditional tie-in of the chanter stock on the Canmore Hybrid? I'm interested in dispensing of the metal hose clamp for the chanter stock and using a traditional tie-in for the chanter stock. If anyone has tried this, please share your experience.

Thanks.
Maybe it's just myself but I've always tied in all my chanter stocks. I did just buy a set of hose clamps though to get up and running this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper_hm View Post
Yes, it's on their website (a non-grommet version for tie-in).
Fantastic, thank you.

Again if I can get ahold of a used Cannmore hybrid medium then I can get a better idea if it'll work for me enough to save up and purchase a non-grommeted new bag.