Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > General Discussion > Webmaster & Software
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Webmaster & Software Piping site related, piping music related

Platinum Sponsors

Old 03-26-2012, 11:52 AM   #1
gctaylor
Forum Member

gctaylor
Default Audio Apps for Android that have Bagpipe Music?

Just wondering if anyone has found a media app(like Pandora, Tunein Radio, WinAmp Shoutcast, etc) that has a good selection of bagpipe music? Or any selection?

Even though I've spent a lot of money on CDs of late I'm burned out on what I have. I could search through youtube but that's tedious, hit or miss, and the quality varies.

Thanks,
Gary
gctaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Gold Sponsor
Old 03-28-2012, 02:23 PM   #2
Silverlock
Forum Member - Shy or Quiet

Silverlock is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Audio Apps for Android that have Bagpipe Music?

I use the Pandora apps on my Android phone and my Vizio TV at home. I got Pandora to create a station that has a selection of bagpipe music by typing in "Pipes And Drums." That found one great pipe & drum band album called "Pipes & Drums" (go figure ) by The Scots Guards.

It took a little bit of training Pandora (using thumbs-up & thumbs-down) to go from "general ethnic/folk music" to "bagpipe music" but now it does a pretty good job of finding bagpipe-related music. It's definitely not strictly pipe & drum bands - there is also some solo piping, some bagpipe with orchestral backup, some smallpipes, and some more celtic-pop-esque tunes - but it's one of my favorite Pandora stations now.

If anyone has other suggestions I'd really like to hear them, too!

Mike
Silverlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:29 PM   #3
gctaylor
Forum Member

gctaylor

That's a great idea Silverlock. Thank you!
gctaylor is offline   Reply With Quote