Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > General Discussion > Do It Yourself (DIY)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Do It Yourself (DIY) Making and repairing of instruments, accessories, and more.

Platinum Sponsors

Old 04-14-2012, 06:09 PM   #31
usmcpiper
Forum Regular

usmcpiper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: REALLY bad instrument faults

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klondike Waldo View Post
Yes, we do, after a fashion. Our local accent was imported from East Anglia in the early 1600s, with some Irish flavoring tossed in in the mid to late 1800s.
Around here we only say "Yawl" when referring to a boat similar to a ketch, but with the mizzen mast abaft of the tiller ( or, tillah the way we say it).

( people make fun of our accent, but much of it is closer to European pronunciations, making it easier to speak certain other languages and be understood.)
I couldn't resist baiting you...I'll never forget my Gunnery Sergeant's look (and vocal reaction) when I (quite innocently) observed that he was from WOR-CHESTER, Mass. I learned a painful lesson over the coming days...

vrs,
Justin
usmcpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Gold Sponsor