Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > Great Highland Bagpipe > Beginners, Intermediate, +
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Beginners, Intermediate, + Discuss issues, tackle problems, share experiences, ask questions, and look for specific help...

Platinum Sponsors

Old 04-27-2012, 12:38 PM   #1
MikeMc
Forum Member - Shy or Quiet

MikeMc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default does anyone know how to remove a blowpipe stock?

Hello, I have crack my blowpipe stock. I have McCallum AB4. They sent me a replacment stock. It is not pulling out. Please help. Thanks
MikeMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Gold Sponsor
Old 04-27-2012, 12:40 PM   #2
Randy McIntosh
Holy smoking keyboard!

Randy McIntosh
Default Re: does anyone know how to remove a blowpipe stock?

You need to mention the bag type and tie in method.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:54 PM   #3
Ken Gordon
Forum Silver Medal

Ken Gordon is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMc View Post
Hello, I have crack my blowpipe stock. I have McCallum AB4. They sent me a replacment stock. It is not pulling out. Please help. Thanks
When you say, "It is not pulling out." do you mean that you cannot pull the blowpipe free from the stock? (The "stock" is the part that is tied into the bag.)

This is the usual case.

If that is what you are saying, then a very CAREFUL application of two sharp knife blades, one on either side, carefully pushing the long-edges, the sides, not the tip, towards the center, and DO NOT, repeat DO NOT, pry with them, will often loosen the blowpipe enough to remove it.

The knife-blades are acting like two very thin wedges.

If you can get any sort of gap between the blowpipe and the stock, you can then often get two thicker knives and get a bit more room. Eventually, you should be able to grip the projecting mount and carefully twist and pull the blowpipe free.

Or you could wait several weeks without playing your pipes until the hemping dries out enough for you to pull it out.
Ken Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:17 PM   #4
Kirby Allen
Holy smoking keyboard!

Kirby Allen is on a distinguished road

If you need to remove the actual blowpipe stock from a bag with a collar or grommet, you need to remove the stocks by pushing them inside the bag and removing them by the zipper.

Or ask your instructor. If you don't have an instructor, well there's your first mistake.

http://officeofstrategicinfluence.com/spam/
Kirby Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:07 AM   #5
grip
Forum Member - Shy or Quiet

grip is an unknown quantity at this point

If your bag is a canmore type bag with grommets, it's quite easy.

I had to replace my blowpipe stock recently and it was very easy with the grommets. You will need some liquid dish soap, a syringe if you have one and something to prise open the rubber grommet from around the stock. I am assuming you have a zipper on your bag as well.

Prise open the grommet around the stock and inject a small amount of liquid soap all around the stock. Then press the stock into the bag. It will come out very easily. Then, since the grommet is still soapy, just insert the new stock, until you hear a plop sound when the grommet ridge finds its way into the stock groove. Details here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLuP4qObm-c
grip is offline   Reply With Quote