Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > Great Highland Bagpipe > Piobaireachd
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Piobaireachd For all things related to Piobaireachd ...

Platinum Sponsors

Old 04-16-2018, 11:07 AM   #11
John Blunt
Forum Gold Medal

Default Re: David Glen Edinburgh Collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin73 View Post
That's very interesting. I thought I had read somewhere that these days you had to play full Pibrochs to compete. Did I get that wrong? What are the contexts where I could compete with partial Pibrochs please?
Robin:

I was speaking from my experiences with Games in the Northwest part of the United States. Many of the local Games will allow competitors in the lower Grades here (usually Grades IV or V) to compete in Piobaireachd playing the ground and next variation. A few hold open Piob competitions requiring complete tunes. That usually has the top players competing for the awards and the lower level competitors playing for comments and experience.

JMB
John Blunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Gold Sponsor
Old Yesterday, 12:41 PM   #12
codart
Forum Regular

Default Re: David Glen Edinburgh Collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatherbelle View Post
Robin do you know of the CLASP (Competing League for Amateur Solo Pipers) competitions held around the country, and presented by the National Piping Centre. Once graded for Piobaireachd and/or light music you would compete at whatever Grade you were assigned to, and present part or full pionaireachds as required.
Hi Heatherbelle - the rules for CLASP changed in past couple of years - You can compete in Grade 3 for Ground only and/or Full, G2 & G1 are full only.(all grades are playing from set tune lists) .

In G3 you will get a medal for placing in the ground but no points are allocated towards league standings for the ground..
codart is offline   Reply With Quote