Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > Read Only Archive > Beer Tent Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Beer Tent Archive Old threads from the Beer Tent Forum.

Platinum Sponsors

Old 06-17-2006, 09:10 AM   #11
burp birl
Holy smoking keyboard!

Default Re: 9000 Forum members

Thanks Bob and the Moderator Staff!

I know the Forums grew into Much MUch MUCH more than you ever thought possible and through all your hard work and dedication to piping and people worldwide there's a place we can all gather.

Jenni
Old 06-17-2006, 10:56 AM   #12
Bob
Founder

1953 - 2006

I guess it must be a sign of the times (right now) - for each 1000 member number milestone met here in the past, we had (as I recall) a discussion thread - up 'till this point, (again, as I recall) the discussion was" amazing, isn't this fun", or something like that.

Now, that we're so BIG.. Someone has to jump in to ...(argue?) Just goes to show that we do allow .... (even numbers challenged people 200 regular users )

We're just bigger and more active than ever.... (period), but the registration number is ... just a number.

The fact is - we passed 9000 registrations, and we'll hit 10,000, in time, etc.

Thinking of 'fun with Numbers' - Back about the time we started, a 'well known' piping publication had figured out (and told me) )

Old 06-17-2006, 01:07 PM   #13
pokey
Forum Silver Medal

Thanks Bob, and congrats on the numbers....I thoroughly enjoy it here....warts and all.
Old 06-17-2006, 01:32 PM   #14
FD Piper
Forum Clasp

Bob,
Congrats on a job VERY WELL DONE!!!!

Thanks for your efforts, and to your moderators & sponsors.

Also, a word of thanks goes to the contributors of the forum. Without all the people who post, contribute positive comments, and even those detractors who feel it is their right to talk down a forum such as this, even while they frequent it so much.

Here's to you, Bob!
FD Piper
Old 06-17-2006, 01:38 PM   #15
kaypiob
Holy smoking keyboard!

Just think, though--that's 9000+ people who are interested in, or at least have links to this little underground community! That's gotta be worth something.
Old 06-17-2006, 02:23 PM   #16
Murph
Forum Member

Thank You to Bob and everyone who makes this form work so well. I've met some really nice folks even met one special member who keeps me in the game & is a friend indeed thanks Natalie I've read somethings that made me laugh and some well... but most of all I've learned some piping things here that I wouldn't get anywhere else it helps keep me up on what's going on in the piping & drum world and let's not forget all the good deals at the trading post so Congradulations for all your good work we're all lucky to have this form to turn to - Happy Piping!!!
Old 06-17-2006, 03:18 PM   #17
David McDougall
Forum Member

Thanks Bob!!

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn....that was fun!"
Old 06-17-2006, 03:40 PM   #18
Sean A. McCartney
Forum Clasp

Thanks Bob.......because of this, I have met a lot of new friends, linked up with a lot of old friends, and maybe never would have got to go drinking with Tommy, aka, Rat Bastard.

God bless You and Yours Bob, I wish we could meet at Portland.

All the Best,
Sean
Old 06-17-2006, 06:55 PM   #19
Katie Mc
Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Katie Mc

Quote:
Originally posted by Dennis Duncan:

Their are quite a few members that rarely post, been with the BDF for over a year with less than 30 posts. Then you have the extreme like the infamous Mr. Fox less than a month and over 200 posts.

I am one of those who are still Shy and Quiet after more than a year, mainly because I would be mortified if I said something that started a controversy. So the easiest way to avoid that is to remain silent. But rest assured I scan the Active Topics often and read everything that looks remotely interesting to me. And if people like Rob Fox annoy me... well, I just don't read what they have to say. Frankly I sort of miss ole Rob.... he sure kept it lively around here, even if he did get a bit verbose about it!

Thank you, Bob, for giving us a wonderful place to learn, to share, and to chat... and the freedom to participate or not!
Old 06-17-2006, 06:58 PM   #20
Bob
Founder

1953 - 2006

Oh - while I'm thinking of it - it really makes me feel a bit funny - the 'congrats Bob' stuff I mean.

I do understand what you mean, and I do appreciate it (really - thanks!) BUT the fact is, the reason we're been successful herewith these Forums, and continue to be so, is thanks to you folks, and to our great Mod team.

There are tons of sites out there - that we're doing so well in our little world is because of you, our members, and our team of moderators - Yep, strange stuff that my name is attached, but at the time is was a sure way of getting a URL that wouldn't see the same level of URL poaching I had encountered with some of my other sites.

The fact is this ol' Bob actually feels very strange and out of place getting all this attention, specially considering the reality..

Thanks to all of you! :woohoo: