Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > General Discussion > Do It Yourself (DIY)
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Do It Yourself (DIY) Making and repairing of instruments, accessories, and more.

Platinum Sponsors

Old 11-14-2006, 01:21 PM   #1
Triumph
Forum Member

Default Dimensions Wooden Stand

Looking to build a wooden bagpipe holder and would like to find someone that has one so I could get the dimensions. The bagpipe stand sold on the net is closed down and I do like the way it supports the pipes. So if you have or know of someone that does I would appreciate getting the basic dimensions. Thank You
Triumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Gold Sponsor
Old 11-16-2006, 11:53 AM   #2
bob864
Holy smoking keyboard!

Default Re: Dimensions Wooden Stand

I've been thinking of something like this:

It would hang on the wall. The tenor drone would have it's own support so it wouldn't pull down on the tuning pins of the bass.

Then again, the chair I've been using works pretty well...

Bob
Old 11-21-2006, 10:58 PM   #3
Patrick H
Forum Member - Shy or Quiet

Hey Triumph.

Here is a couple pictures of my wooden pipe stand that my uncle made for me. Let me know if this is the type of pipe stand you are looking for. Also check out my pvc (10 bagpipes) stand.

Cheers

Patrick H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 06:35 PM   #4
Triumph
Forum Member

Pat

Thanks for the photo's, yes that is what I was looking for. When I could not find one I made one up, maybe a little wider than yours but the same idea.
Triumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 08:31 PM   #5
Patrick H

Triumph,

I am glad you were able to find the dimensions. It's great having a pipe stand. I use mine all the time. I helps dry out the bag and it force me to practice every night.

If I didn't have the stand, my pipes would have been in my case. As for practicing, you know what they say "out of sight out of mind".

Keep on practicing
Cheers..
Patrick H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:46 PM   #6
PiperoftheMoore

Default PVC Field Bagpipe Stand

This is a reply to an OLD post but I want to thank Patrick H for his photo. We built a PVC (8) place pipe stand based upon his photo and, after some tweaking, found it to be great for Highland Games and other "static" performance locations. We added threaded male and female joints on the vertical segments for each level and straps to bundle up the sections which makes transport and storage much easier. (4) legs were added to the bottom level for increased stability (these are also screw-together). Last year's blue swimming pool "noodle" and a segment of 3/4" pipe insulation were cut to fit and zip-tied onto each position to protect and cushion the drones.
PiperoftheMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 11:49 AM   #7
Kelly the boy from...
Forum Member

PiperoftheMoore, Would you be so kind as to provide pictures of your version and perhaps guide or plans?
Kelly the boy from... is offline   Reply With Quote