Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums One of the largest message boards on the web ! bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > General Discussion > Beer Tent
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Beer Tent The general discussion forum, and the place to start a new "beer-tent-like" Piping Related discussion...

Old 12-02-2020, 10:48 AM   #41
DNorwood
Forum Regular

Default Re: Groped by women when performing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EquusRacer View Post
As I mentioned earlier, groping isn't the only misbehavior. Another involves those who think they can dance.
Interesting perspective. I never thought groping and (a perception of) bad dancing were equivalents.
DNorwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 11:00 AM   #42
EquusRacer
Holy smoking keyboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNorwood View Post
Interesting perspective. I never thought groping and (a perception of) bad dancing were equivalents.
Good one, DNorwood! Well, not equivalents, yet a common thread of idiocy on some level. However, given that my specialty was as a therapist dealing with cases of sexual abuse, I view groping as an unacceptable boundary violation. That said, I personally would have dealt better with a grope than a blowpipe jammed into the roof of my mouth!
EquusRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 02:27 PM   #43
Kintailpipes
Forum Regular

All fun and games until someone loses an eye. LOL
Kintailpipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 09:24 PM   #44
Rob MacDonald
Holy smoking keyboard!

I'm not sure which annoys me more -having random strangers ask what's under the kilt - or that the fit ones no longer ask!

(fun fact: grey hair grants you one 'super-power' - you become completely invisible to women!

I couldn't get my end away if I was a millionaire handing out free Italian shoes...)
Old 12-03-2020, 07:18 AM   #45
johnsog
Forum Silver Medal

Quote:
Originally Posted by EquusRacer View Post
Good one, DNorwood! Well, not equivalents, yet a common thread of idiocy on some level. However, given that my specialty was as a therapist dealing with cases of sexual abuse, I view groping as an unacceptable boundary violation. That said, I personally would have dealt better with a grope than a blowpipe jammed into the roof of my mouth!
Both are damaging in different ways. The groping has obvious emotional repercussions. The blow pipe could have done a lot of physical damage if there had been more force exerted, it had a different trajectory...
johnsog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 07:15 PM   #46
blackeagle
Forum Regular

At Renaissance festivals I've frequently had ladies walk up and claim to be kilt inspectors as they try reaching for the hem to sneak a peak. I gruffly stop them with "back off", and my wife chimes in with more colorful language.

Once at a military formal dinner (US) a drunk female service member groped me. To my knowledge they received a reprimand from their chain of command, and I received an apology.