Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > General Discussion > Ladies' Room
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ladies' Room For the Ladies.

Platinum Sponsors

Old 03-15-2019, 10:25 PM   #11
Leong
Holy smoking keyboard!

Default Re: An interesting piece of data

I think a big factor will be the sample size. In this case, visitorship. If the number is small (sorry Calum, don't mean to imply anything), then just a small change in the demographics will skew the numbers dramatically. If we are dealing with large numbers of visitors, then those gender stats might be due to something else - like Andrew says, perhaps wedding planners who might generally fall into the 35-55 age groups).

But I guess what's probably more important (to Calum) are the ages and genders of the persons who sign up for learning the pipes .
Leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Gold Sponsor
Old 03-16-2019, 06:55 AM   #12
CalumII
Holy smoking keyboard!

Yes, I forget what period this is over but obviously it's only a sample.

I do agree that the bulge in the 30/40is bracket is obviously due at least in part to mums Googling for their children. But even so, I find it interesting that there are a lot more women clicking on my ads than end up getting in touch. Some of the explanations are obvious, of course, but I wonder what the barriers actually are and how I can remove them.
CalumII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 11:12 AM   #13
Neil Clark
Forum Member - Shy or Quiet

It's weddings. No question. After all, why else would anyone play bagpipes?

Actually, if I were you, I'd be more worried about the "unknowns"....

Makes me even more happy that I don't seem to need to advertise in any form these days. Unknowns.... brrrrrrr.... they might be drummers!
Neil Clark is offline   Reply With Quote