Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > General Discussion > Beer Tent
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Beer Tent The general discussion forum, and the place to start a new "beer-tent-like" Piping Related discussion...

Platinum Sponsors

Old 09-05-2019, 06:38 AM   #1
Madpiper13
Forum Member

Default Celtic Arts Winter School

Hi,

Iím looking for feedback on the school from people whoíve attended in the past. Organization, class size, instruction, food, and accommodations. Anyone signed up for 2020?
Madpiper13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Gold Sponsor
Old 09-05-2019, 10:36 PM   #2
CelticHiker
Forum Regular

Default Re: Celtic Arts Winter School

The only negative thing I ever hear is that itís a bit pricy compared to some of the other options out there, but when you look at the instructor lineup I believe itís a great deal and definitely worth every penny! Most schools like this have one or two big name instructors and then the rest are lesser known players, but at winter school every instructor is top notch.

For the school itself, the CAF is a great organization, the staff is phenomenal, the location is perfect for this type of event, and even the food is good (itís not a fancy French restaurant good of course, but itís well made and there is plenty).

Iíve been going for years now, and Iím just one of many that show up year after year. If you have any specific questions send me a pm, but if your thinking about going, sign up quick, my understanding is that the on-site housing is almost full. You can always stay near by, but that makes getting home after the parties, sessions, and ceilidh much harder than just walking back to your room (even if you do occasionally have cross the swinging bridge on your way ).
CelticHiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 05:51 PM   #3
Skyelark
Forum Member

Default Re: Celtic Arts Winter School

I went for the first time last year and it exceeded expectations.

It is very well run. Class sizes are good, not too big with enough folk to make it fun, and intimate enough for plenty of individual feedback (Hi Jesse). Classes are also grouped by playing ability. Instruction - have you seen the tutor list? All at least double gold medalists & one fresh of his win at the Northern Meeting! Food and accommodation are all good and plentiful. I think the venue is doing some updating to it's facilities so space is limited this year by that. The social aspect of it is nice too with sessions, informal recitals, and the ceilidh.

All in all a great experience for any piper (or drummer).
Skyelark is offline   Reply With Quote