Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > General Discussion > Reviews
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reviews Reviews of CDs, Music Books, DVDs, etc.

Platinum Sponsors

Old 07-25-2017, 03:17 PM   #11
3D Piper
Holy smoking keyboard!

Default Re: New: Pipe Music of the Black Watch

Quote:
But honestly, in regard to format, when I find a tune I really like in ANY book, I photocopy it almost right away, so I can have the tune readily accessible for weeks. I don't want to subject ANY of my books to constant wear and tear. Tunes start from the books, but quickly goto sheets, and then (ideally) my memory.
I agree, except that I've scanned in most of my music books. Takes much more time, though..

-Matthew
3D Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Gold Sponsor
Old 07-25-2017, 07:51 PM   #12
Pppiper
Forum Clasp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D Piper View Post
I agree, except that I've scanned in most of my music books. Takes much more time, though..

-Matthew
I'd love to do that, but it'd be quite the task.

Cheers,
~Nate
Pppiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 06:16 AM   #13
pancelticpiper
Holy smoking keyboard!

With a coffee-table hardcover book format like The Black Watch collection the binding would take a beating forcing it open all the way to lay it flat on the scanner over and over.

For sure that's how my 40 year old Scots Guards book is, from copying tunes for this band or that so many times over the years. It's practically falling apart.
Old 07-29-2017, 07:05 AM   #14
el gaitero
Holy smoking keyboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancelticpiper View Post
With a coffee-table hardcover book format like The Black Watch collection the binding would take a beating forcing it open all the way to lay it flat on the scanner over and over.

For sure that's how my 40 year old Scots Guards book is, from copying tunes for this band or that so many times over the years. It's practically falling apart.
Ditto my SG 1 hard cover from 1973. I keep almost sending it out to a book binder restoration place in Chicago( ?) who say they can make it like new but unchanged for about $70. It's got 2 taped in copies of STB in it... ones from 1954 and including the finally correct one from the most recent SG1 issue.
el gaitero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 03:51 AM   #15
pancelticpiper
Holy smoking keyboard!

It's why music books IMHO are best if spiral-bound so they can lay flat on the music stand or on the scanner.

Many music books are. Again, I hope the Black Watch publishes a music edition/player's edition/piper's edition some day. Beautiful-looking books are for the coffee table, music books are for the music stand.