Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > General Discussion > Music
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Music Discuss specific tunes, the writing of tunes, other questions, concerns, etc. related specifically to the music or music books.

Platinum Sponsors

Old 08-14-2019, 04:39 PM   #1
uther
Forum Member - Shy or Quiet

Default Inisheer

Does anyone know where I can find the score to Inisheer for bagpipes? I'm assuming it's in a tune book somewhere!
Thanks!

Last edited by uther; 08-14-2019 at 04:41 PM.
uther is offline   Reply With Quote
Gold Sponsor
Old 08-14-2019, 05:05 PM   #2
Klondike Waldo
Holy smoking keyboard!

Send a message via AIM to Klondike Waldo
Default Re: Inisheer

FWIW, it doesn't show up in BobPekaars tune index at the top of this forum
Old 08-14-2019, 05:12 PM   #3
uther
Forum Member - Shy or Quiet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klondike Waldo View Post
FWIW, it doesn't show up in BobPekaars tune index at the top of this forum
Yes I had a look and couldn't see it! I've seen a few people play it on youtube so it must be out there somewhere.
uther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 03:16 AM   #4
Adam Sanderson

Folks, there's been a rise in people sharing music on here and providing links to banned sites that have been the cause of legal action between members of this forum and the banned sites.
Please don't share music that you don't actually own the copyright to. Please don't link to pirate websites. Please read the forum rules. We don't like banning people, but sometimes we have no choice.
Thank you.
Adam Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 11:29 PM   #5
Harley G
Forum Member

Is there a list somewhere of the sites that are banned?

Looked but could not find any.
Harley G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 07:20 PM   #6
Harley G
Forum Member

Mr Sanderson

I see your warning and became very concerned that my post may have broken some laws as well as forum rules.

I contacted the music copyright authority in this country and reported the site I posted. They said that the site is not operating illegally as it is how the music is played for financial gain that is the problem, if at all.

Can you list in the forum rules what laws are being broken. It may be useful that people understand that just because posting a site link is not illegal in one country, it may be a problem in another country.

The authority pointed out that there would be few bagpipe competitions ever held if every tune played had royalties attached to it.

I have also had many emails as a result of my post asking me to provide links to tunes for forum members, based on your reference to legal matters, I am now concerned.

I have checked prior to posting this request in the rules but can find no such clarification on the legal issues.

Thanks
Old 08-23-2019, 11:20 PM   #7
Paul M Burke
Holy smoking keyboard!

Regardless of the law in individual countries, rule 5 states,

5 ] - Posting of, or sharing material to which you do not own the copyright is not permitted

I think that is clear enough.

I also draw your attention to rule 13, as it relates to the questioning of the moderation of the forum.

Paul
Old 08-24-2019, 12:57 AM   #8
Harley G
Forum Member

Mr Burke

If you read my questions I was NOT questioning the moderator as relates to Rule 13! I was/am asking for clarification over a point he makes. A point I blindly accepted as being valid.

Based on your statement, I can share or provide links to any tunes where there is no copyright attached, many trad tunes being examples. This explains why Mr Sanderson made his point about legal issues as there may be copyright attached to tunes that were being shared in this forum. Clearly this would seem be wrong.

The tune I listed was in the Folk Rag with full permission and no copyright notice on the original by Thomas Walsh so I thought, no problem.

Based on the number of emails I have received asking for the links to tunes and the sites hosting these tunes, I became concerned that I may be doing something illegal by providing such and that there are many others in this forum that do not understand the legal issues surrounding such actions. With Mr Sanderson making legal references, clearly he is understanding of the law relating to such and how this forum and it's users could be impacted. I was just asking for a little information and guidance.

I am sure he can let me know himself one way or the other. It's nothing to get precious about.
Old 08-24-2019, 04:55 AM   #9
CalumII
Holy smoking keyboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley G View Post
The tune I listed was in the Folk Rag with full permission and no copyright notice on the original by Thomas Walsh so I thought, no problem.

Rule 5 says that YOU must own the copyright.

If you have the copyright holder's permission, it is against the rules.

If it is public domain, it is against the rules.

This rule has been the same for about sixteen years and was written this way deliberately, to protect the forum and moderators from the vagaries of both international copyright law and some of the weird and wonderful individuals who don't behave as well as they should. The question of what is legal in your or any other country is not really the point.
CalumII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 01:51 PM   #10
Paul M Burke
Holy smoking keyboard!

Thank you Calum.

Mr. G,
As Calum has clarified, one must own the copyright in order to post material here. All other scenarios are irrelevant in relation to this rule.

Asking a moderator for clarification is questioning him, the rule is there to stop this very type of thing developing.

Moderators are volunteers and we are grateful to them for keeping this forum friendly and accessible to all.

I'm sure Mr. Sanderson can answer for moderating team but perhaps as a volunteer he has better things to be doing than rehashing a debate that been resolved here before and the rules that were written to prevent this exact situation.

Paul.