Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > Other Topics > In Memoriam
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Memoriam Sharing memories of friends and loved ones departed from our world of piping drumming and pipe bands.

Platinum Sponsors

Old 11-10-2006, 06:12 AM   #331
David H
Forum Member

Default Re: Bob Dunsire

It is the saddest of news for the global piping and drumming community. We've indeed lost a great man.

While I never met Bob personally, I corresponded with him by email from time to time and felt like I knew him, that he was always right there when I needed something. Bob has done more than anyone else, ever, to bring all of us, no matter where in the world we live, together in one place. Without his love and dedication, many of us in isolated areas would have no contact with the rest of the piping community.

My heartfelt condolences to Bob's family and the host of friends he has left behind.
Flying high after the Gathering!!!
David H is offline   Reply With Quote
Gold Sponsor
Old 11-10-2006, 07:16 AM   #332
MissTwist
Forum Member - Shy or Quiet

I am a new member to this forum, and I joined specifically so I could add my condolences and prayers for Bob's family. As many of you probably know, Bob had a border collie named Sparc, whom he delighted in taking photos of. Bob was a fairly active member on the Border Collie Boards, where we loved viewing his photos and just chatting with him. I wanted the people of this forum to know that Bob will also be greatly missed by the members of that group, one of whom checked here and let us know of Bob's passing. The thread on this forum is an amazing testament to Bob and the large number of lives he touched. May he rest in peace, and may his family find comfort in the evident outpouring of love and respect I see here.

For anyone interested, here is a link to the BC Boards:
http://www.bordercollie.org/cgi-bin/...c;f=1;t=012651
Old 11-10-2006, 07:40 AM   #333
Ron Teague
Holy smoking keyboard!

OH my, oh my: What a shock. I'll play Lament for Donald of Laggan for him tonight and then have a wee dram for him after and then go light some candles, then cry some and then say 'wi ye no come back again?' Grief sucks, but the pipes can help a wee bit. Good For Laments

My very best wishes and sympathy to his loving family

The Cheesy Piobaireachd Player
Ron Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 07:43 AM   #334
SteveD
Forum Regular

My sincerest condolences to Bob's family. Thanks to a man who definitely did more than "just watch," a man who brought the whole world together.
Old 11-10-2006, 08:37 AM   #335
Scott Jones
Forum Silver Medal

Sad beyond words for this great man that I never had the privilege of meeting 'in person'. Deepest condolences to Bob's family.
Scott Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 08:41 AM   #336
Richard Mao

Thank you, Julie/Miss Twist

for adding to our knowledge another of the huge number of facets to the jewel that was Bob's life.

there are nooks and crannys to the bobdunsire.com website that are fascinating to explore... for those of you who met Sparc, the mesmerizing border collie that came into the Dunsire family's life ....

check this out... Sparc's personality, intelligence, and INTENSITY matched Bob to a T

http://www.bobdunsire.com/ninenote/g...arc/index.html

It will give you a smile...
====

May I make a request of people in the know...

I am sure Bob's involvement in other "boards" and his passing has not gone unremarked.. (e.g. remote control planes? BCpipers?)

would you let us know of other links that .... by their incorporation into our thread....will help us fill out our picture of this multi-talented man?

Thanks in advance

Do you want to meet Bob again? Come and reminisce with me about him .. he lives in a corner of my heart...

Richard Mao, The Peking Piper ( PekingPiper@mao.org )
Old 11-10-2006, 08:53 AM   #337
PyperGurl
Forum Gold Medal

My sincerest condolences go to Bob's family at this time.

I never got the opportunity to meet him and I wish I had. May you rest in peace Bob.

www.facebook.com/PyperChick
PyperGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 10:02 AM   #338
Richard Parkes

Deepest condolences to the Dunsire family circle and especially Diana, Alison and Elizabeth from myself, my wife Ruth, my brother Gordon and all at FMMPB.
I was shocked when I heard the news.

I had the pleasure of meeting the Dunsire family on my many trips to the West Coast in the 90's. When the band travelled to Pleasanton in 1995 my brother Gordon (and Earl), stayed at the Dunsires' and had a great time.
Bob has done a wonderful thing with this web site and will live on through it.
Our thoughts are with you at this sad time.

Richard Parkes
Old 11-10-2006, 10:40 AM   #339
JamesPercyMcLellan

My condolences to the Dunsire family, bob will be missed but surely not forgotten
JamesPercyMcLellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 11:05 AM   #340
Sunwolfe
Forum Member

Location: The Great Central Valley of California where pipebands go to die

I was unaware until last night at band practice that Bob had passed away. My heart is very sad.

I too lost my father early in his life (52) and after over a decade, I still catch myself reaching for the phone to ask him a question or making a mental note to share something interesting with him only to be sheepishly brought up short. My heart goes out to Diana and the girls. May God bless you and give you the strength to find a place for it all.

My deepest sympathies and heart felt prayers. Your husband and father was a great man. Thank you for sharing him with us.

Rest in peace, my friend.
In the end, there are no magic beans, no silver bullets or divine piping oracles. It's about, "...a determined resolution, good tuition, and careful [and constant] practice during a severe course of training..." Call it Piper Fu, "obvious" or whatever, but that's what I got after 30 years.
Sunwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote