Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > General Discussion > Beer Tent
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Beer Tent The general discussion forum, and the place to start a new "beer-tent-like" Piping Related discussion...

Platinum Sponsors

Old 09-16-2019, 07:09 AM   #1
SPCsound
Forum Member

Default Border pipe drones on ebay?

Hey all, came across this set of borderpipe drones on ebay. While I like the look, I'm curious what your take is on them. It almost looks like someone took 1/2 sized bagpipe drones and stuck them in a common stock. Can anyone discern them?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BORDER-REEL...98af%7Ciid%3A1
SPCsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Gold Sponsor
Old 09-16-2019, 10:37 AM   #2
CalumII
Holy smoking keyboard!

Default Re: Border pipe drones on ebay?

I agree, the weird bit on the standing joint is where someone removed the width of the mount so they would fit in a common stock.

Stock itself looks distinctly homemade.

All in all, I would not.
CalumII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 03:35 PM   #3
pancelticpiper
Holy smoking keyboard!

I messaged the seller because he has photos of two different sets of drones on there, but he's only selling one.

Now he acknowledges the photo mistake. Odd that he says he can't edit his listing, whenever I've sold anything on Ebay I can edit the listing at any time.

Anyhow I've seen common-stock drones styled like that before. They don't strike me as being unusual.
Old 09-16-2019, 03:42 PM   #4
Patrick McLaurin
Holy smoking keyboard!

Given the other homemade looking set of drones they posted the photo of, I’m having little doubt that they (had) made (for them) the common stock and turned down the mounts on a 1/2 size set so they’d fit the common stock. I can’t tell if they’re border appropriate drones or smallpipe.
Patrick McLaurin is offline   Reply With Quote