Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > Forum Related Announcements > FYI
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

FYI No discussion here, just information.

Platinum Sponsors

Old 12-01-2001, 09:06 PM   #1
Bob
Founder

1953 - 2006

Default Forum navigation hints

From moderator Richard Mao:

There are three hints to get to the meat of this forum faster...

1. After you've logged in ... close to the upper right hand corner of the screen... you can click "Today's Active Topics" that'll get you to the hot topics of the day.

2. When you are looking at the forum "menu" screen... I've found it better to click the topic area on the left hand column...rather that one of the lastest messages on the right... this gives you the list of available topics in that
forum...instead of groping along following the threads one at a time.

3. If in a thread... you scroll down to the end of the thread there is a wonderful "Hop To: pop down list.." this allows you to go straight to another forum without having to scroll/navigate/click up to Great Highland Bagpipe through the navigational tree.

Happy hunting

[ December 01, 2001: Message edited by: Bob ]
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Gold Sponsor
Old 12-14-2001, 03:08 PM   #2
Bob
Founder

1953 - 2006

Default Re: Forum navigation hints

I wanted to again highlight Rich's navigation suggestions - I know some viewers are a bit overwhelmed by the number of posts, the number of Forums, and the number of threads.

Starting with the "Todays Active Topics" link, which also gives a sentence or two from the latest posts, is a quick way to see what's new.

I know the organization of the forums is a bit uncomfortable to many, you're used to the "every post in one view" sort of display. We hope and expect that with time and experience, the style of organization you find here will become more comfortable and even more efficient for you.

None of these categories are written in stone, as a need is clearly seen, changes for the better will be made.

Cheers,
Bob
Old 12-19-2001, 01:06 PM   #3
Bob
Founder

1953 - 2006

I think most viewers are now using the "Todays Active Topics" link. That is a convenient, and quick way to see the topics with each day's new posts.

With this in mind I have a suggestion:

Remembering that the first few sentences of your post will show up in the "Active Topics" summary, Perhaps we could start posts with information, rather than a lengthy quote..

Quotes are fine, but it would be nice if they were quite short, or at least a couple of sentences into the post..

Bob
Old 02-13-2002, 11:08 AM   #4
Bob
Founder

1953 - 2006

This is an old announcement thread, but I think contains some good hints for new viewers, and we always seem to have a lot of new viewers.

Here is another navigational hint: click on the Recent Visitor link - You'll find lots of interesting information there.

Bob