Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > Great Highland Bagpipe > Beginners, Intermediate, +
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Beginners, Intermediate, + Discuss issues, tackle problems, share experiences, ask questions, and look for specific help...

Platinum Sponsors

Old 02-06-2016, 10:14 PM   #1
FlightMedic
Forum Member - Shy or Quiet

Default Oztote Electronic Practice Chanter

Does anyone have experience with this inexpensive electronic PC?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OZTOTE-ELECT...cAAOSw5dNWtDbH

I am considering buying it for the purpose of practicing at work and while other people are home.
FlightMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Gold Sponsor
Old 02-07-2016, 12:54 AM   #2
Gassy
Forum Regular

Default Re: Oztote Electronic Practice Chanter

Someone in my band has one, they are away atm, but I can ask them when they come back if nobody else has any feedback.
Gassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 05:13 AM   #3
Randy McIntosh
Holy smoking keyboard!

The buttons look off centered, design flaw or feature I wonder?

Randy
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-07-2016, 09:59 AM   #4
FlightMedic

I noticed the hole appearance as well but I'm hoping it's the photo. In all reality if the hole spacing is the same as a long practice chanter it will probably meet my needs but I don't want to spend $150 to get it to the US if I can learn from people who have held and played one before.
FlightMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 10:22 AM   #5
el gaitero
Holy smoking keyboard!

Generally....the hole spacing on a 'long' PC is comparatively the same as a standard PC. Only the low A hole is 3/16"- 1/4" lower .

Last edited by Andrew Lenz; 02-07-2016 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Removed block quote of entire previous post.
el gaitero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 10:11 AM   #6
Wrluckie

If it's not to late, I'll chime in. I have one of these along with a Fagerstrom chanter and I actually prefer this one, especially when learning new tunes (it helps me with its raised buttons for some reason). It's nothing fancy and the "holes" seem to be pretty close to my long PC...but I regularly play my PC to keep my fingers in line. It can at times be a bit awkward to hold because of the shape. I'd definitely recommend it for the price.
Wrluckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 05:31 AM   #7
dwindbag

I've had mine for over a year. I flew back yesterday from London (9 hours). I played much of the trip. Money well spent.
dwindbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 10:17 PM   #8
Fyrtamer

I got one new from eBay this past week, and am LOVING it! Full time job, and a couple of part time jobs on the side... The part time gigs are low speed, I am a set of eyes, and a visual deterrent, so I have the opportunity to get some practice in, without disrupting those around me.
Only had it for a week, and my tune memorization has increased, and as a new player, I have been having a hard time transferring from fingers in front of me as I play my PC, to fingers down and out of sight when I am squeezing the bag. There have been great strides made!
The tone is not really something you could plug into an output to use in a concert setting, but for a PC that only you can hear, It is fine, and tells me when I screw something up.

Oh, I do recommend having a tube of lotion handy, as it has a hard time reading dry fingers... A little lotion, however, the tones are strong, and my hands feel refreshed and softer. Win, win, WIN!
Fyrtamer is offline   Reply With Quote