Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > General Discussion > Webmaster & Software
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Webmaster & Software Piping site related, piping music related

Platinum Sponsors

Old 08-31-2019, 07:35 AM   #1
David
Holy smoking keyboard!

Default CelticPipes software

I have a legal copy of this programme. V2.1, build 11.

The problem: when I add a 2nd ending for a part, the playback gives me both the 1st ending and the 2nd ending at the same time. Quite a headache to have to write a tune out completely, even with cut & paste.

ALSO: line copy and line paste do not seem to work.

Any ideas?

Many thanks, in advance.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Gold Sponsor
Old 08-31-2019, 10:10 PM   #2
Achilles Piper
Forum Regular

Default Re: CelticPipes software

I have the same version of Celtic Pipes on a Mac (OS 10.14.6)

Am I right in thinking that you can get the notation as you want it, but the playback is not sequencing correctly? Have you put in the repeat barline (:||) at the end of the first time ending? I have often used first and second time endings, and the only limitation that I have come up against is the the ending must begin at the start of a bar.

Line Copy seems to work, but you need to create the empty staff first to copy into. eg
1. Create empty staff where required;
2. Position cursor in first bar of source line, right click and select Line Copy
3. Position cursor in first bar of target line, right click and select Line Paste.

If you can't get it to behave, I'd be happy to look at the file if you PM me.

PS: I do enjoy the tunes that you link from time to time in your signature: very nice!
Achilles Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 11:01 PM   #3
David
Holy smoking keyboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles Piper View Post
I have the same version of Celtic Pipes on a Mac (OS 10.14.6)

Am I right in thinking that you can get the notation as you want it, but the playback is not sequencing correctly? Have you put in the repeat barline (:||) at the end of the first time ending? I have often used first and second time endings, and the only limitation that I have come up against is the the ending must begin at the start of a bar.

Line Copy seems to work, but you need to create the empty staff first to copy into. eg
1. Create empty staff where required;
2. Position cursor in first bar of source line, right click and select Line Copy
3. Position cursor in first bar of target line, right click and select Line Paste.

If you can't get it to behave, I'd be happy to look at the file if you PM me.

PS: I do enjoy the tunes that you link from time to time in your signature: very nice!
I will review what I do--again. Never one to say I never miss anything. Thanks for the useful help!
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 11:58 PM   #4
whistler
Forum Member - Shy or Quiet

Sorry if this is a bit late. If Achillles Piper's good advice hasn't helped, I strongly suggest contacting CelticPipes Support (Help->Support). That's the best way to get help if you are struggling with something.

By the way, you can also start a 1st timing from a particular note within a measure by dropping the bracket on to a note.
whistler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 05:43 PM   #5
Achilles Piper
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by whistler View Post
By the way, you can also start a 1st timing from a particular note within a measure by dropping the bracket on to a note.
Thanks for that! Very useful tip.

Oh, and I agree with your comment about contacting Celtic Pipes support; he's been very helpful.
Achilles Piper is offline   Reply With Quote