Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > General Discussion > Music
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Music Discuss specific tunes, the writing of tunes, other questions, concerns, etc. related specifically to the music or music books.

Platinum Sponsors

Old Yesterday, 05:32 PM   #11
Robert Pekaar
Forum Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Robert Pekaar
Default Re: Play it As You Sing It

Well I bit the bullet. I ordered Volume 2 which is just music from Northwest Bagpipes; a web site listed above got me there. The price was $54 US, postage Priority Mail $24 US. Why only the most expensive forms of shipping are listed is beyond me. I don't need it in 3 days. If you have a Pay Pal account and apply for their credit card, you get an immediate $10 discount. They also offer another form of shipping which is cheaper, but since I don't have any any formation on it, I chose the cheapest form listed. This experience should teach book collectors to search North America before going elsewhere. It's a shame but after 40 years and about 500 books, postal rates makes me think twice. Of course, there's always E-Bay.
Old Yesterday, 05:36 PM   #12
Pppiper
Forum Clasp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Pekaar View Post
Well I bit the bullet. I ordered Volume 2 which is just music from Northwest Bagpipes; a web site listed above got me there. The price was $54 US, postage Priority Mail $24 US. Why only the most expensive forms of shipping are listed is beyond me. I don't need it in 3 days. If you have a Pay Pal account and apply for their credit card, you get an immediate $10 discount. They also offer another form of shipping which is cheaper, but since I don't have any any formation on it, I chose the cheapest form listed. This experience should teach book collectors to search North America before going elsewhere. It's a shame but after 40 years and about 500 books, postal rates makes me think twice. Of course, there's always E-Bay.
Very interested to hear your thoughts! Thanks for all you do Robert!

Cheers,
~Nate
Pppiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:50 AM   #13
GDL
Forum Member - Shy or Quiet

Default Play it As You Sing It

A person on the forum, who wishes to remain anonymous, has helped me. Iím very grateful. But for their help I would not have purchased the books. Like I say US $160 in postage is outrageous

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by GDL; Today at 12:56 AM.
GDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:00 AM   #14
Barry Shears

Hello,
First let me thank everyone who has bought copies of my new book so far. As I piper and researcher this is very much appreciated.
I have been following the exchanges regarding air costs to Australia and I mentioned this to the post mistress the other day . she printed out a list of postal rates for Australia and these are the two best options she suggested (other than surface mail which takes about 3 months but it is cheap 35.00) To send a set of books from my house in BC to Australia there are 2 choices small packet for 65.16 CDN (2-3 weeks) or tracked packet for 84.12 12 business days and includes insect and tracking. This is for a set of two books. I suspect shipping is high because the books are very high quality paper and both volumes weigh in together at 1.95 Kg and I ship them in a padded envelope for extra protection.
I was surprised when I shipped a recent order to the USA how much the price came down on multiple volumes to the US from Canada. I am to sure if this is the case for other countries or not. Also I am not sure about duty and taxes on books. Some countries wave these others, do not.
As an aside , there is some talk of having the books available on Amazon, but my publisher hasn't revealed that to me as yet, but that may reduce shipping
Thanks again,
Barry
Barry Shears is offline   Reply With Quote