Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > Great Highland Bagpipe > Technique & Instrument
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Technique & Instrument Related to techniques, to the instrument, to the components, to maintenance.

Platinum Sponsors

Old 10-11-2019, 05:32 PM   #1
jkace33
Forum Member - Shy or Quiet

Default Fagerstrom Technochanter, need cap

I know this may be a long shot, but thought I'd ask anyway. I have a technopipe, but recently lost the end cap that holds the batteries in. If there's anyone out there who has a broken technopipe that's no longer useable but wants to sell their battery cap please contact me. Thank you in advance for all those who took the time to read this.

Last edited by jkace33; 10-11-2019 at 05:35 PM.
jkace33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Gold Sponsor
Old 10-12-2019, 02:33 AM   #2
Rab Ha
Forum Regular

Default Re: Fagerstrom Technochanter

Mine has both the plastic end cap and a rubber cap that sits over it. If I lost the plastic cap the rubber piece would still cover the battery end. Do you have that piece?
Old 10-12-2019, 05:54 AM   #3
piper Q
Forum Silver Medal

I recently returned my technopipes to Mr. Fagerstrom for replacement of the headphones end plug/switch which had failed. the repairs and shipping costs were very reasonable and Andrus included a new battery compartment end cap.

However, I had previously lost the endcap and used a segment of a rubber cork readily available from any hardware store as a replacement battery compartment cap. it worked rather well over all. and without the headache of trying to get a new cap.
Old 10-12-2019, 06:06 PM   #4
MacCoinnich
Forum Member

Happened to me twice. Suggest "improvise." As aesthetics matter little for this instrument. Ensure batteries are held in and connection is steady. Then tape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper Q View Post
I recently returned my technopipes to Mr. Fagerstrom for rplacement of the headphones end plug/switch which had failed. the repairs and shipping costs were very reasonable and Andrus included a new battery compartment end cap.

However, I had previously lost the endcap and used a segment of a rubber cork readily available from any hardware store as a replacement battery compartment cap. it worked rather well over all. and without the headache of trying to get a new cap.
MacCoinnich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 11:49 AM   #5
Kevin Palm
Forum Gold Medal

I bought a Technopipe from a friend a couple of years ago, and it was missing the end cap. I wrote to Anders to see if I could order a replacement from him, and he sent me one free of charge! You may want to write and ask him!
Old 10-17-2019, 11:12 AM   #6
John Bolt
Holy smoking keyboard!

I emailed Anders when mine went through the laundry and he got back to me right away with suggestions immediately!

Single malt scotch more than just a breakfast drink
John Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 07:12 PM   #7
jkace33
Forum Member - Shy or Quiet

Default Re: Fagerstrom Technochanter, need cap

Just wanted to give a big thank you to Anders, I wrote to him to inquire about purchasing a new end cap, he wouldn't have it and sent me one for free from Sweden. Great customer service, thank you Anders.
jkace33 is offline   Reply With Quote