Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > Other (not GH) Bagpipes > Uilleann, Northumbrian, Smallpipes +
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Uilleann, Northumbrian, Smallpipes + For all types of (non GH) Bagpiping discussions.

Platinum Sponsors

Old 05-19-2017, 01:59 PM   #11
John Blunt
Forum Gold Medal

Default Re: Mac Harg Low D SSP chanter on eBay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
It looks like the chanter has an uillean pipe style wind cap so some sort of adapter may be necessary to couple it to a regular SSP bag.

Baggy, I think the link you sent is for a Seth Hamon low D chanter; which does sound good.

Best regards,
Kevin
There are some photos on the Hamon website (
http://www.swedishbagpipes.com/smallpipes.html) that show the chanter disassembled and some info on the connection to the bag.

JMB
John Blunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Gold Sponsor
Old 05-20-2017, 04:51 AM   #12
pancelticpiper
Holy smoking keyboard!

Default Re: MacHarg Low D SSP chanter on eBay

Too bad I'm just seeing this thread now, after the auction ended, because I'm the seller!

I picked it up secondhand myself, and don't know the provenance, but it looks new.

The craftsmanship is very nice, and it plays great. The finger-stretch isn't too bad, but then again I play Low Whistles which have a bigger finger-stretch that the Highland pipes. It came with what I assume is the original plastic reed.

Yes it came with a polypenco adapter-thingy. It's made in two sections, a hemped thing to fit small-diameter stocks which fits into a split-stock thing to fit fullsize GHB stocks. I forgot to put that in the listing, and Ebay wouldn't let me amend the item description. I'm including the adapter of course.

Yes it has a big swan bocal thing, the idea is that it puts the chanter in a normal position when playing smallpipes. I didn't play that chanter much, but I tried it using an uilleann Flat Set top in my D uilleann pipes, and the sound is wonderful, the Low D chanter with the deep uilleann D drones.

Now I'm trying to remember why I sold it. Oh yes, I need to pay for my trip to the Worlds!

Last edited by pancelticpiper; 05-20-2017 at 04:57 AM.
pancelticpiper is offline   Reply With Quote