Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > Great Highland Bagpipe > Beginners, Intermediate, +
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Beginners, Intermediate, + Discuss issues, tackle problems, share experiences, ask questions, and look for specific help...

Platinum Sponsors

Old 04-04-2013, 08:38 PM   #1
fastzorro
Forum Regular

Default Ok, My Next Video, Gypsy's Warning

A bit of a difficult piece for me, as there is a broader range of notes. Couldn't find any music to this so it's learned by ear. In this video I very much notice I'm kinda stiff and don't seem to be holding the bag and/or the chanter properly, poor timing. As always, all comments and suggestions welcome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft_dB...ature=youtu.be
fastzorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Gold Sponsor
Old 04-05-2013, 02:20 AM   #2
Neil Clark

Default Re: Ok, My Next Video, Gypsy's Warning

Zorro, I'm still pretty impressed. You have a couple of crossing noises, LA - D, and the length of some of the notes is wrong. I do like your tone, and although you say you feel stiff, I've seen and heard worse. HG is out.

Now.... theres lots more, but it just struck me I could be doing meself out of a job here!

So, no more comments from me I'm afraid. Just to say again tho, well done.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:50 AM   #3
fastzorro
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Clark View Post
Zorro, I'm still pretty impressed. You have a couple of crossing noises, LA - D, and the length of some of the notes is wrong. I do like your tone, and although you say you feel stiff, I've seen and heard worse. HG is out.

Now.... theres lots more, but it just struck me I could be doing meself out of a job here!

So, no more comments from me I'm afraid. Just to say again tho, well done.

Well thank you, I feel more confident now.....
Old 04-05-2013, 11:41 AM   #4
Pip01
Holy smoking keyboard!

Keep after it...!! Yer doin' fine... !! :)
Old 04-09-2013, 06:27 PM   #5
Richard Strayer
Holy smoking keyboard!

One thing I thought I noted on both of your videos - it sounded like there was a "burp" as you were blowing up the bag before striking in, which sounds to me like your non-return valve may not be seating properly. It is a distinctive noise, different from either drone howls or chanter squawks. Have you noticed air coming back out the blowpipe between breaths, or otherwise have difficulty keeping the bag inflated, as if you have to work at it? If so then you might want to look into fixing that - proper setup can make an enormous difference in how well you play. If you're fighting with the instrument then you're robbing yourself of energy that could be better focused on playing.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:40 PM   #6
fastzorro
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Strayer View Post
One thing I thought I noted on both of your videos - it sounded like there was a "burp" as you were blowing up the bag before striking in, which sounds to me like your non-return valve may not be seating properly. It is a distinctive noise, different from either drone howls or chanter squawks. Have you noticed air coming back out the blowpipe between breaths, or otherwise have difficulty keeping the bag inflated, as if you have to work at it? If so then you might want to look into fixing that - proper setup can make an enormous difference in how well you play. If you're fighting with the instrument then you're robbing yourself of energy that could be better focused on playing.
Yeah, it happens only when I'm getting ready. During playing it seals good. But thanks for the input
Old 05-07-2013, 08:28 AM   #7
AFMPiper
Holy smoking keyboard!

I thought you did great and it takes lots of courage to post videos for critique on forums like this. Keep up the wonderful work fellow piper.
AFMPiper is offline   Reply With Quote