Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > Great Highland Bagpipe > Technique & Instrument
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Technique & Instrument Related to techniques, to the instrument, to the components, to maintenance.

Platinum Sponsors

Old 05-23-2020, 06:12 AM   #1
Hagrid
Forum Member - Shy or Quiet

Default Guess the pipe maker (another name for please can someone help me ID my pipes)

Good afternoon all,

Iím guessing there are lots of pipe ID posts on here so my apologies for adding another.

With that said... does anyone have any idea who might have produced these pipes? Iíve heard they look similar to Gillanders

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mxvvkewxe...p4SseuwJa?dl=0

Also whatís the history behind the tobacco mounts? Is there a year we first start seeing them used?

Thanks in advance.

Hagrid
Hagrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Gold Sponsor
Old 05-23-2020, 06:48 AM   #2
el gaitero
Holy smoking keyboard!

Default Re: Guess the pipe maker (another name for please can someone help me ID my pipes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagrid View Post
Good afternoon all,

I’m guessing there are lots of pipe ID posts on here so my apologies for adding another.

With that said... does anyone have any idea who might have produced these pipes? I’ve heard they look similar to Gillanders

Hagrid
The ferrule scribe lines pattern suggests RG Hardie to me.
In the picture of the chanter top I think I see an ‘R’. Is there no further embossed naming? eg. R G HARDIE ....the picture isn’t clear enough ...though the drone cap detail isn’t so Hardie-ish.

Last edited by el gaitero; 05-23-2020 at 06:52 AM.
el gaitero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 10:16 AM   #3
Hagrid
Forum Member - Shy or Quiet

Default Re: Guess the pipe maker (another name for please can someone help me ID my pipes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gaitero View Post
The ferrule scribe lines pattern suggests RG Hardie to me.
this would be quite exciting!

Quote:
In the picture of the chanter top I think I see an ĎRí. Is there no further embossed naming?
Sadly, I think thatís a dint in the wood. I canít find any markers mark anywhere unless itís hidden.
Hagrid is offline   Reply With Quote