Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > General Discussion > Reviews
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reviews Reviews of CDs, Music Books, DVDs, etc.

Platinum Sponsors

Old 10-23-2018, 02:45 PM   #31
Green Piper
Holy smoking keyboard!

Default Re: Braw tuning app

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Shaw View Post
There's always the selfie-stick!

I sense a new bagpipe gimmick..... the Drone-Attached Tuning Selfie Stick or DATSS for short!

Simply clip the clamping end to the offending drone, attach your favourite tuner to the other, adjust the bending sections of the DATSS and tune your drones to perfection. Not only will your drones have superior tone, but your drone reeds will last longer too due to reduced damage inducing waveform interactions.

Want one? Send $150 in an unmarked P/M.
Old 10-24-2018, 05:56 AM   #32
pancelticpiper
Holy smoking keyboard!

Default Re: Braw tuning app

You can use a Snark for your own drones, but your ear is probably better.

The Snark picks up vibrations from the wood itself, so you clip it anywhere on a drone (or chanter) and it works.

That makes the Snark great for hands-free tuning checks in noisy environments. I've done pipe organ gigs with a Snark clipped to the bottom back of my chanter so I can check my pitch. If the organ is loud, and it's a real pipe organ with the typical tuning issues, you have loads of notes of different pitches hitting your ears (say, a half-dozen B-flats each at a different pitch). I can glance down at the Snark and know that my chanter isn't the culprit!

Last edited by pancelticpiper; 10-24-2018 at 06:09 AM.
pancelticpiper is online now   Reply With Quote