Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > Forum Related Announcements > FYI
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

FYI No discussion here, just information.

Platinum Sponsors

Old 07-20-2005, 09:09 AM   #1
Bob
Founder

1953 - 2006

Default Recent Visitors display

I've just turned off the 'recent visitors' display - I know MANY of you really appreciate the display and I love seeing it too.

Sadly (sort of) our continued growth has once again hit the point that we're out of options for performance improvement, and things have been getting too slow at peaks times lately.

The LAST thing left for me to do is to turn off that Recent Visitors display - I don't know how much it will help, and if it does not help much, I'll turn it back on - but in the interim.. we're seeing if performance is improved.

We're usually seeing 100-150 visitors with peaks over 200 at any one time - we'll likely exceed 1,000,000 visits this month - we're WAY past the suggested limits for this software, and we are still growing (whew!)

Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Gold Sponsor
Old 07-27-2005, 08:59 AM   #2
Bob
Founder

1953 - 2006

Default Re: Recent Visitors display

It has been a week since I turned off the Recent Visitors display - and I just looked at our visit statistics to see what sort of impact, if any, the change has had.

The response time to visitors has improved during peak activity times, I think we all have 'felt' that - but very significantly, the improved response time has meant that A LOT of additional visits are taking place.

We see an average of 4-5% increase in visits every month (average for the life of the Forums), but we have just seen a 15% bump in less than a week - amazing - these are BIG numbers

We're setting all time visit records each day right now.

Proof, as is I needed it, that I should have turned off my favourite display a long time ago.. (darn)

Bob is offline   Reply With Quote