Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > General Discussion > Beer Tent
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Beer Tent The general discussion forum, and the place to start a new "beer-tent-like" Piping Related discussion...

Platinum Sponsors

Old Today, 09:55 AM   #11
Craic Piper
Forum Silver Medal

Default Re: Check out these bagpipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipe fetish View Post
These are my pipes and I'm not looking to sell them here. IF anybody does buy them, I imagine it'll be some guy who isn't a piper but would love to have a one-of-a-kind fully functional Great Highland bagpipe to hang on his wall next to his collection of titanium claymores, or something.

It took me many years to develop these and I made ten of them, each one different from the next. I didn't make them to sell. I made them as examples of what funky looking bagpipes could look like. I always wanted somebody to order a custom set of their own design but that never happened.

Meanwhile, these last set of pipes just sit in a guitar case under my bed, which is a shame because they really are beautiful. If nobody buys them I'll probably donate them to a museum.

They're made of brass tubing and the sound, I'm told, is right there. I covered the brass with high-density foam which I then shaped and covered in fiberglass. I smoothed that up and painted with a linear polyurethane two part yacht paint (Awl-Grip). After I did a faux marble finish I clear coated it with a high solids clear two part clear finish.

Again, not trying to sell them here, but I'm happy to talk about them 'cause they're cool and not everybody appreciates them. I spent thousands of hours making composite art pipes and only sold one. The rest I gave away.

It was still fun though.
You know...if you put the plans/how-to up on your site for a "download" fee, I bet a bunch of folks would buy them (I know I would)
Craic Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Gold Sponsor
Old Today, 12:13 PM   #12
pipe fetish
Forum Member - Shy or Quiet

Default Re: Check out these bagpipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craic Piper View Post
You know...if you put the plans/how-to up on your site for a "download" fee, I bet a bunch of folks would buy them (I know I would)
If you (or anybody else) seriously wanted to make a set of brass lined drones I would gladly show you what I've learned. There's a free download on the site of how to make a set using PVC and nylon tube. I put it in my book hoping somebody would make a set but I don't know if anyone has.

Making a set with brass is a pain the butt. If you're not good at soldering now, you will be by the time you're done!
pipe fetish is offline   Reply With Quote