Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > Read Only Archive > Beer Tent Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Beer Tent Archive Old threads from the Beer Tent Forum.

Platinum Sponsors

Old 07-09-2006, 06:28 AM   #1
cabarfeidh
Forum Member - Shy or Quiet

Default lawsuit against this forum

Dear All,

I have decided to lauch a lawsuit agaisnt MR. FRITZ HOFFMAN for slandering/defamation on this site and will threaten similar action against MR. DUNSIRE if a retraction is not made. I WILL NOT BE MADE A FOOL OF. Lastly, some members have decided to write me privately and disgustingly write aniti-semitic remarks regarding my background.

THIS IS FINAL WARNING. SHAME ON YOU MR. DUNSIRE WHO KNOWS BETTER!!!

Yours,,
Yahya Abdelsamad

(edit by BD to change FROM ALL CAPS IN SUBJECT LINE!!! - please read the rules!)
Gold Sponsor
Old 07-09-2006, 06:45 AM   #2
PNB
Forum Regular

Default Re: lawsuit against this forum

Boy,
Sounds like someone p***ed in his cornflakes this morning.
Old 07-09-2006, 06:48 AM   #3
Piper_06
Holy smoking keyboard!

“It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt”. Mark Twain
Old 07-09-2006, 06:53 AM   #4
Stix

Well said Mark Twain.
Old 07-09-2006, 06:59 AM   #5
Jim Sloan
Holy smoking keyboard!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by cabarfeidh:
[QB] Dear All,

I WILL NOT BE MADE A FOOL OF.

-------------------------------

To late!!!!!

Jim
Old 07-09-2006, 07:41 AM   #6
David Spiers
Forum Silver Medal

My apologies, I haven't been on the forums recently, but what was it that was said?

Old 07-09-2006, 07:46 AM   #7
ffgolden
Forum Regular

We should all be careful...not only may we be part of a law suit but Yahya may come after us with one his swords. Word has it he has a collection that he got for a "good price!"
Old 07-09-2006, 08:51 AM   #8
SteveW
Forum Clasp

I think this is what he\'s talking about.
Old 07-09-2006, 09:09 AM   #9
uncle Mario Tomasone
Holy smoking keyboard!

Dear cabarfeidh,

I'm not sure I've understood your point.

You said you received some offensive correspondence in your message box. This means you know who wrote you those insulting mails - or at least you know their nicks/identities on the web.

Assuming all those offenders are adults I guess they should be considerd personally responsibles for their actions - and writing as well.

So, if you feel disturbed/offended/infuriated by their messages it's perfectly fair to sue them, if you think they deserved to be sued or they blatantly commited some kind of offence. Under Italians law, for example, one can be sued for an offence called "calunnia" (=slandering? not sure about it) which is when someone says or states in public or writes on a printed medium something blatantly false and offensive towards another one.
This offence can be brought to a Court

All this said, first of all I'd like to express my support and blame all those who wrote you something rude, untrue and/or offensive

But I'd also like to understand why you're trying to drag the Dunsire man into this controversy. I think he can't be considered responsible in any way of what members of this forum sends to other members trough the private message facility.

I'd also like to add that the Dunsire man and his staff of moderators are to be considered not only the "guiding spirits" of these forums, but also the "officers"
In many cases they've dealt with some members breaking or bending the rules, they have kept everything (and I mean EVERYthing) under control for years and made this place a thoroughly enjoyable and friendly experienece for (hundreds?) of thousands people from all parts of this Planet

So why not trying to get Bob's support in this case rather than attacking him as well?

Your Aye,

Mario.
Old 07-09-2006, 09:46 AM   #10
cabarfeidh

Dear Mario,

Thank you for your kind words. Kindly go back and read in the other thread what Fritz Hoffman had to say against me and now red the rules regarding the usage of this forum.Bob Dunsire has not held to his rules and I have been attcked all across this board for theft and fraud.Mr. Dunsire has surely seen these attacks and have done nothing about them; neither has the mods. I am a piper and I am damned if I am thief.