Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > Great Highland Bagpipe > Competing Pipers
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competing Pipers Questions, issues, or discussions specifically related to Piping and Pipers competition.

Platinum Sponsors

Old 08-25-2017, 12:54 PM   #1
hmgreenwood
Forum Member - Shy or Quiet

Default Montana Piping Competitions

I spend quite a bit of time in Montana throughout the year, and was curious as to whether or not there are any piping competitions in western Montana. I haven't seen anything in on any of the various American piping association sites. Thanks for your help in advance!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
hmgreenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Gold Sponsor
Old 08-26-2017, 06:48 AM   #2
North Idaho Piper
Forum Silver Medal

Default Re: Montana Piping Competitions

You just missed the Bitterroot Scottish Irish Festival in Hamilton, MT. I believe it was last weekend. A google search just turned up:

The 3rd Annual Flathead Celtic Festival is September 16th, 2017. This is in Kalispell.

Karl
“For some the Highland pipe is a serious instrument, to be played with skill and care and to consume a lifetime in its study ... but to me, it’s even more important than that - it is life itself.” PM Bruce Campbell
North Idaho Piper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 07:02 AM   #3
hmgreenwood
Forum Member - Shy or Quiet

It's a shame I missed the Bitterroot games, it looks like they had some solo comps. I will actually be up north on the 16th of September but it doesn't look like they have any piping competitions.... But I do see a very vague "bagpipes" listed as entertainment at nine in the morning on their website.... Thanks for the help Karl!

hmgreenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 10:30 AM   #4
John Blunt
Forum Gold Medal

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmgreenwood View Post
It's a shame I missed the Bitterroot games, it looks like they had some solo comps. I will actually be up north on the 16th of September but it doesn't look like they have any piping competitions.... But I do see a very vague "bagpipes" listed as entertainment at nine in the morning on their website.... Thanks for the help Karl!

The Bitterroot Celtic Games and Gathering (BCGG) in Hamilton is very competitive in the solo piping. Chanter, beginner, Grades IV-II and an Adult grade (age 60+.) Quite a nice piobaireachd competition as well. The smoke from the surrounding forest fires held off for the day, as well. Well run comp, with our own Celtic Hiker administering and keeping the competitors on time. A good, fun Games.

JMB
John Blunt is offline   Reply With Quote