Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > Great Highland Bagpipe > Competing Pipers
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competing Pipers Questions, issues, or discussions specifically related to Piping and Pipers competition.

Platinum Sponsors

Old 10-24-2019, 12:23 PM   #41
Pppiper
Holy smoking keyboard!

Default Re: Most frequent/overplayed tunes for solo competitions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac an t-Sealgair View Post
I play Caberfeidh as a strathspey, it can be challenging due to the HGs. Due to chanter set up and /or blowing. Good strathspey though!

Been trying to mix up my Marches, by challenging myself to only play local tunes. But some I just cannot get the rhythm!

Tbh, I'm not bothered about placing (probably just aswell ��) as long as I play a good tune.

Right on ... placings donít matter. As a very nice judge once said to me, ďjust play music, thatís what itís all about.Ē

Cheers,
~Nate
Pppiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Gold Sponsor
Old 10-24-2019, 12:34 PM   #42
blhs209
Forum Member - Shy or Quiet

Yes, for most of this season I heard "I have heard that tune a number of times today"- both in 2/4 and piob. Worst was my last compitition at NHHG, I was the 2nd of 3 people in a row playing the same tune.

Chris
blhs209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 08:52 PM   #43
Aric Johnson
Forum Member - Shy or Quiet

Quote:
Originally Posted by blhs209 View Post
Yes, for most of this season I heard "I have heard that tune a number of times today"- both in 2/4 and piob. Worst was my last compitition at NHHG, I was the 2nd of 3 people in a row playing the same tune.

Chris

What tube was that? So we all not what not to play next year.
It'd be interesting to see on EUSPBA an optional listing for the tunes your playing, so we can set who is playing what and try to diversify. I'd also like to set more tunes on the recommended list. Like, 50 or so would be nicer than the few there
Aric Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 03:47 PM   #44
piper909
Forum Silver Medal

Interesting! I haven't competed in a number of years and I had to go to YouTube and look up this "Lily Christie" tune cause I'd never heard that name before. Am I the only one who hears this as an almost direct nick of "The 10th Bn. Highland Light Infantry Crossing the Rhine"?? Or has that title been misappropriated? Me confused....
piper909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 06:03 AM   #45
Roger Huth

Both composed by Pipe Major Donald Shaw Ramsay
Roger Huth is offline   Reply With Quote