Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > Great Highland Bagpipe > Pipe Bands
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pipe Bands For everything or anything related to Pipe Bands..

Platinum Sponsors

Old 04-20-2017, 03:58 PM   #1
Verkley
Forum Member

Default Pipe Bands in Inverness?

I'll be moving from the Netherlands to Inverness somewhere around August, and I was wondering if there are any active competing pipe bands in the Inverness area. I've tried looking around on the internet, but I have not found any pipe bands except the City of Inverness Pipe Band (whom I can't find any information about). If there's anyone here that could point me in the right direction, it'd be greatly appreciated!
Verkley is offline   Reply With Quote
Gold Sponsor
Old 04-20-2017, 04:36 PM   #2
John McCain
Holy smoking keyboard!

Default Re: Pipe Bands in Inverness?

There is a shop in the Victorian Markets:

http://www.cabarfeidhpipes.co.uk

The owner should know.

"What we play is life." - Louis Armstrong
John McCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 07:03 PM   #3
George M
Forum Member

Hi John
Inverness have a grade 4 Pipe Band and won the grade 4 British Championship at Paisley in 2016.
Pipe Major Scott Taylor.
The band also has a large youth band.
google City of Inverness Pipe Band.
If you have trouble contacting them pm me as I have family in Inverness
George
George M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 02:49 AM   #4
donmacn
Forum Regular

Hi there,
I play with the City of Inverness pipe band.

Our website is a "work in progress" because the original was hacked. We have a pipe band followers page on facebook if you have a look for that - there should be contact details there. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1484...?ref=bookmarks.

Gearing up for a busy season. We did start last year in 4a, but were upgraded after winning the British Championships. We did the rest of the season in 3a. A bit of a mixed bag then, 2nd at the Europeans in Forres; failed to qualify for the final at the Worlds.

We took to the field with about 15 pipers max. last year. This year it's looking like 18/19, though we have others who are having to step back this season for various reasons, so full strength pipe corps would be about 23. Young tenor corps - about six I think, and I think it's 8 side drummers.

I don't want to put email addresses up on the web, but if you can't get in touch via facebook, send me a PM and I'll pass on an address for our Pipey.

Cheers.

D
donmacn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 02:53 AM   #5
donmacn
Forum Regular

Apologies - because the OP asked about City of Inverness pipe band, I replied about that.

There are other competing bands in the area - though it depends on how wide you draw that boundary.

In Inverness itself there is the G4 Northern Constabulary; out to the east there's RAF 262(2) around Elgin direction. There's a G4(?) band in Ullapool; others up in Ardross/Ardgay..

So there are other bands around depending on where exactly you end up. In Inverness itself there are only the two competing bands I'm aware of CIPB, and NorCon.

D
donmacn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 03:00 AM   #6
Bluescottygirl
Forum Silver Medal

As an Invernessian and one time member of the Inverness Schools and Inverness and District pipe bands (that's sort of showing my age!), I was really proud to see the City of Inverness Pipe Band out last year. It look like a fantastic organisation and well done to everyone involved on a successful first season.
Bluescottygirl is offline   Reply With Quote