Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > General Discussion > Beer Tent
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Beer Tent The general discussion forum, and the place to start a new "beer-tent-like" Piping Related discussion...

Platinum Sponsors

Old 03-14-2018, 06:51 AM   #11
Bluescottygirl
Forum Silver Medal

Default Re: When you get tagged again and again on social media

I struggle with trying to find something original to say when the unicycle, flaming pipes etc. land. I can't count how often I've been sent the recent "don't run with pipes..."

That said, it's lovely that people are thinking of me and I appreciate them taking the time to let me know.
Bluescottygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Gold Sponsor
Old 03-14-2018, 07:32 AM   #12
Matt Weasner
Forum Clasp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluescottygirl View Post
I struggle with trying to find something original to say when the unicycle, flaming pipes etc. land. I can't count how often I've been sent the recent "don't run with pipes..."

That said, it's lovely that people are thinking of me and I appreciate them taking the time to let me know.
Lol, true. I usually just give them a like and move on.

Though, occasionally I will post a retaliatory video with some actual GOOD piping in it to counteract the flaming pipers.

Matt
Old 03-14-2018, 07:47 AM   #13
TwitchyFingers
Holy smoking keyboard!

It is nice to be thought of, but it makes you wonder what they think of you sometimes.
I came up with a generic/coverall to post once in a while to get the message through.
Old 03-14-2018, 08:07 AM   #14
piper Q
Forum Silver Medal

I enjoy the soon to be decease unicyclist fish food image, as for the return of the zombie bagpipe memes; Consider it like Herpes, the gift that keeps on giving. Almost make one wonder though... Is this The Accordionists' Revenge?
Old 03-14-2018, 09:13 AM   #15
Rafe
Forum Gold Medal

Send a message via AIM to Rafe Send a message via Yahoo to Rafe

I think about this whenever I'm tempted to share something with someone "because they'll love it".
Old 03-14-2018, 10:34 AM   #16
johnsog
Forum Regular

My inclination is to assume the other person probably HAS heard whateveritis a thousand times already and thus don't share much. My husband, on the other hand, holds to the credo that anything that comes to mind should be voices. Eye rolling is a well developed skill...
johnsog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 06:13 PM   #17
pancelticpiper
Holy smoking keyboard!

Add to that the "dangerous bacteria" or "piper's lung" article that comes out every few years. It annoys me no end to have people endlessly say "have you seen that?" and telling me about it for the 50th time.
Old 03-14-2018, 07:06 PM   #18
Chris C.
Forum Silver Medal

I think I've seen the 'Badpiper' (dude playing fast along to Thundestruck with fire coming from just behind his pipes) three times, and the most recent one is the guy piping while bungee jumping. That's been sent to me / included on my news feed three or four times over the past couple months.

Haven't seen the bunny in the kilt one yet.

I know some have sent me the links / memes knowing I'm either of Scottish descent, or they know I play the bagpipes. They mean well... I figure they are just playing into the over the top ethnicity thing that Americans seem to have at times. Like they all are suddenly part Irish on March 17th.
Chris C. is offline   Reply With Quote