Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > General Discussion > Beer Tent
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Beer Tent The general discussion forum, and the place to start a new "beer-tent-like" Piping Related discussion...

Platinum Sponsors

Old 06-07-2018, 11:07 AM   #1
plainspiper
Forum Silver Medal

Default Rampant Lion Chanter-Electric

Has anyone tried these, and who makes them? Seen this on eBay it seems to be a smaller version of the Ross one. Just wondering. Seems to be a lot of electronic chanters now but I don't know which is "the best", I use my Ross one from years back when the house needs to be quiet, but was wondering how these work for students or if my school would invest in them as they could give quiet practice.
plainspiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Gold Sponsor
Old 06-07-2018, 12:07 PM   #2
Kevin Palm
Forum Gold Medal

Default Re: Rampant Lion Chanter-Electric

I'm wondering if it uses the "eChanter" software that "tjm" developed a few years ago?
Old 06-10-2018, 10:23 AM   #3
plainspiper
Forum Silver Medal

I talked to the maker of these, good stuff. He builds them and does same thing I do--funds a pipe band with proceeds, so that is a worthy endeavor. I'm going to get 3-4 of them for my kids at school. Well worth it. I'll ask him about the programming next time we talk. He's scary smart from what I have seen so I am convinced they are a good product, I'm also going to see if I can get one made that I can put through into an old hide bag I had and make a fake "redpipe" type of thing, so I can practice more realistically.
plainspiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 05:34 AM   #4
fprintf
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by plainspiper View Post
I'm going to get 3-4 of them for my kids at school. Well worth it. I'll ask him about the programming next time we talk. He's scary smart from what I have seen so I am convinced they are a good product, I'm also going to see if I can get one made that I can put through into an old hide bag I had and make a fake "redpipe" type of thing, so I can practice more realistically.
Did you buy these back in 2018? If so, how did it go?