Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > Read Only Archive > Technique & Instrument Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Technique & Instrument Archive Old threads from the Technique and Instrument Forum.

Platinum Sponsors

Old 11-28-2003, 03:42 PM   #1
piping-hot
Forum Member - Shy or Quiet

Default Black and white PC reeds?

Do any of you good folk remember a type of practice chanter reed that had a molded black plastic body (one piece no hemp) and white blades that could be pulled out and cleaned? Any info on maker will be great…. the last time I saw these was in 1980 so perhaps they don’t exist anymore.
Gold Sponsor
Old 11-28-2003, 03:59 PM   #2
Rojellio
Holy smoking keyboard!

Default Re: Black and white PC reeds?

I remember those!!

I think the manufacturer was Aliester, or Alexander. Or should i say it was Alexander spelled one way or the other?

Dont look for them on shelves. I think the reason he stopped making them is a better than average reason. (I am fairly certain that he passed away)
Old 11-28-2003, 06:00 PM   #3
Scott McClellan
Holy smoking keyboard!

Send a message via AIM to Scott McClellan
Default Re: Black and white PC reeds?

I think you're right; Alexander was the name of those reeds. I still have 3 or 4 kicking around!

Adventurous types (like me, once upon a time) would create their own replacement blades. The most commonly used material for this was yogurt containers.