Welcome to
the forums at bobdunsire.com
bobdunsire.com forums bobdunsire.com forums
You can reset your password by going here. Be sure to try your current email and any email addresses you may have had in the past.
Otherwise please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forums. In order to help you, please provide the following info: Your Display Name from the old forum and any possible email addresses you would have used before. Without that info we cannot locate your account.

Go Back   Bob Dunsire Bagpipe Forums > Great Highland Bagpipe > Pipe Bands
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pipe Bands For everything or anything related to Pipe Bands..

Platinum Sponsors

Old 04-25-2018, 07:57 PM   #31
MichelleB
Forum Silver Medal

Default Re: Comfortable Formal Marching Shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsog View Post
That brings up the questions: are these all available in women's sizes? I don't know what brand of ghillies our band ordered years ago; they are comfortable enough when marching but not so great for standing still. I haven't yet tried cushioned insoles but plan to try that. Anyway, the look great but are a bit of a loos fit side to side. Thick socks help with that.
I just had to buy a new set, as the soles of my old ghillies literally peeled off the bottom of my shoe. No ladies' sizing, as far as I could find. I simply ordered one and 1/2 sizes smaller than my ladies' size.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
MichelleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Gold Sponsor
Old 04-26-2018, 10:57 AM   #32
Linz
Holy smoking keyboard!

Default Re: Comfortable Formal Marching Shoes

I found a pair of Dr Scholls women's work shoes at Walmart. They're black and take a shine well. Only $25.00, and they've lasted me several years, and look like they'll last a good many more. Very light and comfortable.